LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chetan Singh (SE)     14 December 2011

Can a man live with women after nullify of marriage

Dear Lawyers,

My marriage gets nullified since she had hided her past of previous marriage.
as a revenge of getting seperated she did 498a .

Now, our marriage get nullified last 4 months ago. She was living seperately from me last two years.

Now she wants to live with me with my room ,can it be a punishable in open eye of court?
can we go live in relationship?since last two years I noticed her change in nature so i am also planing to live with her.

Please advice?


 25 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     14 December 2011

She wants to live with you in a room, it is not a punishable offence.  When she has changed why dont you give her another chance to live with you by marrying her once again

mahendrakumar (marketing)     14 December 2011

eventhough you can leave together,why dont you both get married again?


V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     14 December 2011



Chetan Singh 


As she wants to live with you in your  room ,it is not a punishable in open eye of court.
You can  go live in relationship. Since last two years you noticed her change in nature so you also want to live in with her. You  are also planning to live with her.

I  advice as under: 


Do not go for immediate Marriage with her. 

You enter into Friendship Agreement/ Live -in relationship for a year,  as a contract, thereby mentioning the fact you mentioned here.

She should not have any property rights ect, right now. 

Nature changed? or trying to trap you?? You may misunderstand her tricks, if any to enter into your life  or your room?

So for safety of your life, and property, you should do this. Marriage include burden of maintenance and residence etc., and as she failed to get under 498a,  marriage was nullified, Suppose she want  to get it legally by becoming your legally wedded wife??



"SAFETY FIRST" READ WHAT CHANAKYA SAID FOR WOMEN  *NEGATVES FOR THEIR RELIABILITY AND TRUSTWORTHINESS*" So at least for a year, Live together, but do not give all rights of a wife. Do not marry fore one year. Enjoy her & her relationship on probation basis.

After a year, and in case you have a baby through her, marry her. SAFETY FIRST


Adv Shroff



Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     14 December 2011

shroff  your  opinion is good but is it legal  freindship agreement / live -in relationship for an year contract..

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     14 December 2011


she had hided her past of previous marriage.

as a revenge of getting seperated she did 498a .

amazing !!

still u want to continue with her ??

dont be in wrong impression that she can do nothing against u after annulment of marriage. DV still applicable for live-in.

dont u want peace of mind for rest of the life, dude ??

be wise - forget her.

Deepti Deshmukh (Sr. Officer Legal)     14 December 2011

Dear Chetan, once a relationship steps in the court, it is no mare a relationship but becomes two seperate entities. nowhere in books of law it is return that a woman and man cannot stay together so it is not punishable by law. but i would like to comment that if once she has take you to court than she surely has the guts to take u to court twice.first check her financial backgroung maybe she is in financial crisis thats why she is paching up with you. if u have made up your mind to stay with her this all advices are useless. i think u must not continue to stay with her, she may be showing you crocodiles tears.
1 Like

Chetan Singh (SE)     14 December 2011

thanks Sharoof ji and all,

Actually, two years have been over and I am living alone with frustration. She did 125 maintence case also for her take care. So Not able to belive other girls easily. No single girl will marry me since I did married earlier.

498a is still pendind trial is going on and she is not coming as witness.I want to move on so wants to compromise with her,so she has offer  me taking her in home along with her son of premarried husband with life time take care.

So please advice ,If i can give her seperate room along with her son with lifetime take care.Can I go for another marriage, if 498a is going to finish with this deal. 

Krish Narayan (Advocate)     14 December 2011

According to me after decree of nullity, you both have become individual persons, legally competent to marry an other spouse. As per your wish if you join again with the nullified lady, by the effulex of time, presumption of cohibitaion as husband and wife will arise. Law will start to presume that both of you as legal husband and wife. Therefore it is not advisable to join her again. A void marriage wife cannot proceed with 498A proceedings against husband. Therefore as all experts suggested, safety is first point.

shrinivasg Advocate. (N)     14 December 2011

Your case is not clear as to her divorce with previous spouse. Unless she get the previous marriage nullified,how you can go further?

Chetan Singh (SE)     14 December 2011

Thanks again, 


Shrinivas ji, I am not going to marry again with her since she has alreday showed me many things like  lie,defame and Bar with 498a. My concern is a settlement of 498a and 125. since she offered me to take her in my room with her son and I am thinking to provide her seperate room as a settlement to get rid of 498a and 125.

I am crossing 30 age and I want to remarry again, so I will serach a nice lady untill she loves me then I will go for marriage with her. 

Chetan Singh (SE)     14 December 2011

So further on this.

What legal documents needs to be prepared from me? for safety side. should I engage a lawyer to make a agreement to settle all cases and live for one year with me.?
Or what safety is required, should I do aggrement that states untill whenever she wants to live with me as her wish she can live but she cannot file any case on me lifetime?


I endorse the views expressed by Mr.Amit.  Her past conduct only exposes her vulnerability and  be cautious, so that you would not become her next victim.

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     14 December 2011

I amgree with Mr. sharoff opinion but think she has any plan to registered any case against 

feel free to call

1 Like


leave her.better live alone than with bad people.

dont take risk.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register