LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhir   03 March 2020

Blackmail

My Father has been honey trapped. He told me now after 2 years. 
He has given about 60 lakhs till now to the blackmailer.
About 70% is via bank account transfer to various account in names of business. 
30% is in cash. 

He lives in another state away from us.

What should we do as first step?
Should file a FIR first or legal case first?
My Father in law feels, the blackmailer would give back money if police just thretens him.
Anything we can do to prevent further demands?

Do you think we can recover money?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Umesh Arora (SCI)   03 March 2020

The game will depend upon what is the evidence that he has been honey-trapped and has been blackmailed? In what manner has that been done will be crucial to make any statement on the case. 

The money can definitely be recovered. 70% will be done easily. The 30% can also be recovered if the honey=trapper can be smartly trapped.

Your privacy is also a consideration here. FIR will definitely be the course of the way here. 

I do not think you will be comfortable taking in detail here. You can contact me at 92-5800-8500 for personal advice.

Regards

Umesh Arora

(Supreme Court of India)

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     03 March 2020

1. Father can file a Police FIR, requesting investigation and charge-sheet, for offences like Blackmail, Extortion, Cheating, Intimidation, Fraud, Breach of Trust, Mischief etc.... against the person/s, supported with all relevant supporting Documents, Evidences & Witnesses.

2.  IF the Police does not take action, THEN Father can file private criminal case u/s 156(3) Cr.P.C., in the local Magistrates court, seeking directions to the Police to investigate and file charge sheet.  The said Person may come down for settlement.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 March 2020

You can make a complaint to Director general Income tax under whistleblower policy providing such dates of transactions in the form of a statement and that recipient might have not shown this as income and there may be scope for some kind of truth coming out, without spending a paisa for the present.  The remedy is only recovery and you can engage experts for such recovery as the culprit may be having substantial evidence to extort such a huge amount of Rs.60 lakhs. The stake is social image and status and the case requires deft handling without causing embarrassment to a senior citizen and his family. at this age, though the actions can not be supported.   Paying Rs.60 lakhs to a stranger for blackmailer by a senior citizen or matured individual is not a common thing, as the victim (?) has not given the amount in one lump sum and still parting with installments.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register