Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Saini (Partner)     17 October 2013

Bank put the name in cibil now how can it removed

Dear experts

I used a credit card of HDFC bank in 2010. due to some problems my some payments were late and bank blocked my card, I ask the bank that i am ready to pay your amount and reactivate my card but they refuse it. 

I also told that what the payments are pending kindly collect but they dont respond.

After 3 months collections persons contact me for settlement.

the card limit is 45000. which i used approx 40000

i paid 2000 and 5000 for two months minimum balance.

When collection agents come they told me my outstanding is 65000 but i settled in 32700.in 5 installments

they reported to cibil the card is settled that's why my loans and card applications were rejected

Now i called to HDFC bank for that but they are asking 57000 more to change the status in cibil.

Is there any solution for that?

Kindly suggest

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

So long as your account is NPA your account will remain in CIBIL. If you claim to have made the entire payment, produce the proof of accord and satisfaction. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2013

Please ask for the details, compare them with the details of accounts in your possession, point out the irregularity to the bankers, inform them in writing that you have settled the dues as per the details available with you and despite that they are charging an excess amount.  Have this copy with you, if the bankers' reply is not satisfactory, proceed with the legal procedure by first approaching the Banking Ombudsman and other forums.  

Ravi Saini (Partner)     18 October 2013

I discussed with HDFC bank about the additional amount. I asked the bank to take 10000 -15000 and clear the cibil. they told that your outstanding is 52000 more as we are charging the interest on total amount due till your last settlement installment is not received.

they told me settlement means we do not call for collection but we report to cibil.

So you have to pay 52000 more in one time.

Now sir what can we do

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register