Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Phiroj (mukadam)     20 November 2012

Agri land. issue

Dear sir,

My Grand mother is cultivating and protecting her brothers land (Brother who was in Mumbai and never came back and died in 2000) with her land at remote village in Dist:Solapur since 1956. She paid all the taxes, shet sara of the said land regularly. But One year back, the Brothers children came from Mumbai (whose names came automatically on 7/12) came and sold the half of the land (4Acres) though we tried to convince them.  Now  2months back, we heard that, they are now selling another half also. so we published in News paper that this land is under dispute. but some how they managed the thing with sarkari babus and sold it.

so please guide me if I can do anything to cancel the KHAREDI KHAT. Is VAHIVAT or KUL KAYDA is effective here. Please give me any solution. we did not leave the custody of the 2nd piece of land yet.

Learning

3 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     20 November 2012

In some state of india there is law where the co-sharer are having the first say in buying the law. In your case you can approach the sub-registrar office for cancellation of the sale deed and express your willingness to buy the land. Giving notice in paper will not save you in the long run. You have stated that the land belongs to your Grand mother's brother    so whether the land was partitioned of not. The legal heirs of your grand mother's brother has a right in the property but in case of selling by them you have got the first right to buy it.

Phiroj (mukadam)     22 November 2012

Thank you sir, for the advice .

The land is not partitioned yet. can you please provide me where i can get mpre information about 'first say to buy'

surjit singh (Assistant)     23 November 2012

Your can get in the land law of the state and the Transfer of property Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register