Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Gowda   07 May 2021


i have purchased a property, we made e-statement agreement for 1st payment ₹1500000, i paid in cheque.2nd payment i gave ₹1000000 in cheque, he did not sign in agreement. he is telling i have received ₹1500000 only. the agreement last date is also over.

what is the solution i have?

 9 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     07 May 2021

You query is not clear why he hesitate to sign in agreement? so better to consult local lawyer and act.  

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     07 May 2021

Need to go through the documents.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     07 May 2021

That e-agreement needs to be verified to form an opinion.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     08 May 2021

Well analysed and advised by experts, I agree.

It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     08 May 2021

Post the details clearly. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 May 2021

Your local advocate can serve a notice for specific performance stating all such facts and then file such a suit depending on such response.

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 May 2021

Yes, you may serve a legal notice for specific performance.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2021

You say that you have paid an additional amount also vide a cheque but he refuses the receipt of this  payment.

If he is not coming forward to execute the sale deed in your favor, yo may drag him to civil court by first issuing  legal notice demanding him to perform his part of contract while expressing your willingness and readiness to purchase the property as per the sale agreement.  

By the way what made the vendor not to sign the agreement.

You may first consult a lawyer, appraise him of the details and give instructions to issue a legal notice.


ashok kumar singh (Advocate)     09 May 2021

agreed with views of earlier experts. your query do not have clarity, therefore no further comments, so far.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query