LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Affidavit for Ration Card

Page no : 2

Clive Sinclair (Service)     06 February 2012

A citizen can hold only one passport/ration card.

So if you are sure that you don't have any ration card issued in any state in India, pl be honest in declaring the same by  declarinf it as "I have no ration card in any State in India"

If you make a false decalaration on affidavit, you are liable to be prosecuted as per law.

If you have a ration card issued in your name anywhere in India, then you can't apply for a new ration card unless you surrender that card.

If you already have a card issued from any other state, you can apply for Surrender as per process below :-

Issue of Surrender Certificate on transfer of family to other City or State or otherwise

In case the applicant moves into another city outside the jurisdiction of the taluk, the applicant is issued a separate surrender certificate following the procedure and documentary requirements below.:

  • Written application from the head of the family indicating the reason for change in address and the new address (if any) AND

  • Original ration card

  • Once these documents are submitted, the following procedure is followed:

  • a deletion slip is given to the applicant who the has to go to the Fair Price Shop concerned, get the card deleted from the A-Register and get a deletion slip signed by the salesman

  • Hand over the deletion slip with the family card to the AC/TSOoffice and get an acknowledgement slip with a time limit as in the Charter,

  • Changes are thereafter carried out in the family card by AC/TSO and a surrender certificate prepared.

  • Applicant can come and collect the updated ration card on the day stipulated with the surrender certificate in case the applicant is moving to any other taluk within Tamil Nadu.

  • In case, the applicant is moving to any other State, the ration card is cancelled and retained for destruction by the AC/TSO office. The applicant is given the surrender certificate on collection of the acknowledgement slip.

RAKESH KUMAR JAIN (computer professional)     06 February 2012

Thanks for your detailed reply. In fact I also feel that language must mention "in India" instead of "in Karnataka" but the typist says "in Karnataka" is enough & OK. So, the confusion.

I had ration card at Delhi & did not use it for many years & went to the Ration Card office to surrender it & get a surrender certificate when we moved to Bangalore. He simply wrote "Lapse Card", put the office stamp & returned it to me saying that the card is expired so no surrender certificate can be issued & is not required. I am very much confused. Kindly suggest is what he says is correct & we can apply for new ration card by submitting the affidavit. Best regards, RAKESH

Clive Sinclair (Service)     06 February 2012

1. Pl get teh affidavit with 'India'

2. You can mention in the affidavit the Lapse card details & attach a copy of the Lapse card with Affidavit as enclosure

3. When you subkit your application to Ration card office, you may have to show the orig lapsed card.

Hope you get your new card soon.

All the best

abhay kumar (chief manager)     04 July 2015

We have come to Mumbai on transfer from Chennai. I have brought NOC from Chennai and original Ration Card. I dont have address proof except Telephone Bill. Electricity and gas bills are issued in the name of my company (ONGC). How to obtain ration card . What should be the format of Affidavit. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register