Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sk (doctor)     31 May 2011

adoption..plz help

dear sir,

we are a childless couple married for the last ten years. ours was a inter-religion marriage, with me being a hindu and my husband a christian. both of us have no issue of religion between us and each of us participate in the others religious activities.

after prolonged  and failed infertility treatments we decided to go in for adoption. we also registered ourselves with an registered adoption agency for the same. but suddenly out of the blue we came across a newly widowed pregnant  lady with already one son who wanted to give up her unborn son for adoption. she didnot want to send the baby to an adoption center and wanted to give the baby to a reliable family. no money was exchanged she even paid her own hopsital bills.

after getting  the baby, we prepared a adoption deed through our lawyer and got it registered. the mother, two witnesses and we were present in front of the registrar where this took place. now we ve approached the court for legalising the adoption. the hearing date is expected sometime soon

we just wanted to know..whether we are on the right track. is there anything else that we should do? are we missing out on something..is this entire procedure legal?

Learning

1 Replies

sk (doctor)     31 May 2011

also the birth certificate of our baby has his birth mother and fathers name.. can this be changed over to mine and my husbands name after legalisation of adoption?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register