LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish   10 December 2015

Poa

I have a POA from my mother who owns this property in her name, and has given me this poa to sell her property, can any of my brothers or sisters have any say or stop me on the sale of this propery?

Learning

3 Replies

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     10 December 2015

No one has a say since you have a POA. But the question if they have a say due to ownership is a different question.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     16 December 2015

1. It should be a Regd GPA.

2. In October, 2011, SC ordered that no further transfer of property should be allowed through GPAs. Most states banned the use of GPAs for this purpose soon thereafter. But the Delhi government passed an order to this effect.

3. The power of attorney granted for execution and registration of documents is not to be mandatorily registered whereas if the sale deed has been signed by the owner and presented for registration by the power holder, then the PoA should be registered.

4.  If others have equitable interest in the subject property, it allows interests that have not been conveyed by a deed to still be binding on future purchasers, through the doctrine of constructive notice.

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     16 December 2015

what type of POA?

if it is general POA then you can't.

if it is specific POA then it need registration and if you have already obtain then you can

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register