maintenance to wife

Can now a maintenance case be filed against husband; it has been 22 years now, husband has not provided maintenance till today after divorce?



yes it can be done due to change in circumstances

Hello Sir, 

In my view, a case can be filed by the wife for maintenance if she doesn't have any source of income.


Delay in filing for maintenance is, I'd read, fatal. How could she maintain herself for 22 years? She may be granted only nominal maintenance, if at all granted. Law aids thevigilant, not the indolent.
Deputy Manager

You wish to file a fresh application for maintenance from your husband, with whom you have been divorced by the order of the court 22 years before? Or your husband has abandoned you since 22 years from now and you wish to claim it now? Both may be impossible, because you have been surviving without it from the last 22 years.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x