land issues.

i had made an agreement to sell a land of 2400 sq of 12lakhs with in stipulated 3 months. The party paid 1 lakhs amount in advance. Later on, after 3 months he unable to pay any sum of money. Subsequently the party informed to give some more time. and I agreed, I waited for 2 months. Still yet himself unable to pay the balance of the amount. And I had sold the land to other party. Right away the 1st party asking for advanced money. which is I forfeited. He is now threatening me, that he will drag me into court and he will know how to retrieve money. . Can it really be possible? In any contract time is essence for contract. expert opinion needed.And can I file mental harassment case against him.

You are not entitled to 'forfeit' the advance. The advance amount needs to returned after deducting the expenses, if any, you have incurred.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Course by Ex-Judge!!     |    x