how to get copy of divorce decree online or hardcopy

Hi, What is the Procedure to Obtain copy of Divorce Decree Online. I have the final Order (Judgment) Copy. Is lawyer required for obtaining decree copy from court? What if the Judge who gave the Judgement has been transffred from there, what is the process in that case to obtain the decree copy. Please Help and guide me.



No problem juts apply for certified copy from the registry of the court. 


Even if the judge is transfered still you can get the decree copy from the same court. For decree you have to apply thourgh advocate. 


Hi, Thanks Sohail and Shirish for the quick response. Is it Mandatory to Appy Through Advocate? Can I get it By Myself? What is the exact process can you explain please.



I don't know about online procedure.

Please file a Copy Application after getting it verified by any Advocate of the Court.

They'll call for stamps.    You must supply stamps in time.    The time given for you will be very very limited.     You must track your Copy Application.
Or tell any Advocate to track it and intimate you.

Once you furnish the Copying Section with sufficient stamps, they'll make copies after which you can collect them from them.    This time there's no time limit.    You can collect them even after one month by taking an Advocte along with you for identification.

All the time, your Counsel needn't come into the picture.



Thanks for the reply. You mentioned "They'll call for stamps" What Stamps are you mentioning here, can you please elaborate. Is it Mandatory to involve the advocate?


What stamps?    Court Fee stamps.    By the way a one-rupee stamp has to be affixed to the Copy Application.     Please don't get perplexed.    The staff of Copying Section will gladly guide you without expecting their palms to be greased.

Yes.    An Advocate's help can't be avoided for verification and identification.    But, however selfish they may be, you can expect their guidance with no demand of money.

Senior Advocates are often found to be too proud to help.

If you, a self starter, are reluctant to contact your Counsel, you can confidently give him the go-by.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x