Exemption for house Tax

retd personal

Houses / Flats in an apartment if owned by armed forces serving as well as retd personnel are exempted from   house tax liability in hyderabad/secunderabad ( less houses under Sec'Bad Cantt ). Many such houses long purchased from their respective Armed forces personnel though Registered at the Sub registrar Office by the civilian counterparts are still exempted house tax as the present owner have not intimated change of possession to the municipal auth .

 On my enquiry i found that registration office is not duty bound to intimate such change in possesion . As per them it is the duty of the present registered owner to report the matter to the concerned Municipal auth . One of the important tasks of the field officers posted at the municipal offices is to crossckeck whether the house is self occupied , sold or rented . Unless self occupied / left vacant such exemption is not permitted .

Now whose duty is to ensure that legally tranferred flats /houses belonging to armed forces personnel are duly taxed if the Field officer in collusion with the present owner fails to report the changes in ownership.


The Copies of the every Registered deed transfering  the title  or its gist -shall be forwarded to the Local  Authority by the SRO . The Exemption granted to armed forces stands cancelled   on its tansfer to third party . 

Total likes : 1 times


retd personal

The SRO Malkajgiri has disown this responsibility stating it is the duty of the new owner to intimate the local body. The local body is not bothered as their field officers are doing brisk business out of such transfers .How the local body be awakened ? Is there a diff remedy ?




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu