LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nimish naik   12 March 2019

Car parking in CHS

our society is now around 16 years old. till date the parking was free and open to everyone. suddenly the MC decided to charge for parking. They haven't even alloted the parking space to anyone but demanding monthly charge. Since i know basic rule that society has to allot a specific place for parking if it is charging for the same, so i refused to pay parking charge and asked them for a parking space. but the keep on ignoring my applications and are sending me notice every month regarding due parking charge. What should i do.?

Learning

3 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     13 March 2019

Please verify your Sale Deed/Agreement. What is written in the Deed/Agreement regarding parking facility is important. If nothing is mentioned, the bye laws of the society shall be applicable.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     13 March 2019

The parking charges have to be decided in an AGM and the members who park their vehicles have to pay. Parking space should be allotted, however the member cannot refuse to pay the parking charge on the excuse that specific parking space has not been allotted.
1 Like

Nimish naik   13 March 2019

kishor mehta sir. Our society doesn't even have enough space for all vehicles. the parking is used on first come first serve basis. so my car is mostly parked out on the road. that's why I refused to pay the parking charge. I asked the MC that if they allot me a proper space then i will pay each and every charge they ask for.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register