LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nisha Patel (N.A.)     23 May 2017

Wrong marriage date in ex parte divorce order

I applied for divorce and fortunately will get ex parte divorce judgement on my next date.

Now my query is that when I was about to file the divorce, I asked my husband for the marriage certificate and other documents in order to file the divorce.  As expected, he never provided me any of the documents.  So I filed the divorce case on the basis of the documents I have.  I managed all the documents except marriage certificate.  

However, I mentioned the close date of marriage as per the best of my knowledge.  The month and year is correct but only confusion is about the date.  Like I mentioned 24th Feb but it may be 22nd Feb or 25th or 26th Feb.

My husband never cooperated in this, hence I do not know the date.  Now I am afraid that once I will get exparte order and then later if I come know that the date is mentioned different, will it cause any problem?

P.S.  My no certificates, no identity is by my husband's name.  I hardly lived with my husband for 7 months (love marriage) and then we are separated since last 8 years.  My identity is still as unmarried it is just because of that marriage certificate I applied for divorce

Learning

10 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     23 May 2017

Strange!!

Neither you nor any of your  family members/ relative / friend knows the marriage date. Neither you have any marriage card.

Nisha Patel (N.A.)     23 May 2017

No it was a love marriage. We eloped to do the marriage as I was immature just reached 18 at that time.  He pestered me to marry otherwise he will commit suicide.

Sachin (N.A)     23 May 2017

You will not face any problem because of wrong date mentioned. If later you get to know that date was incorrect, It will be considered as typing error and you may get it rectified.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 May 2017

Approach issuing office for correction.

Nisha Patel (N.A.)     24 May 2017

will issuing office will do the correction?  Will there be any need of my husband's approval for it?  

If yes, then I can't manage his approval as he will do all opposite to what I will say.  

Sachin (N.A)     24 May 2017

Originally posted by : Nisha Patel
will issuing office will do the correction?  Will there be any need of my husband's approval for it?  

If yes, then I can't manage his approval as he will do all opposite to what I will say.  

Issuing office has no authority to do any correction. Anytime in future when you think that date was incorrect, approach the court file an application as suggested above on ground of typing error and get it rectified.

No need of your husband consent.

Sachin (N.A)     24 May 2017

Don't be confused by seeking unnecessary suggestions.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     27 May 2017

A few days this way or that way of the marriage date does not metter. A change of date of the marriage should not materially affect the case. Suppose the date you gave and the actual date were one before and one after you reached the age of 18,  it could have repurcussions, not otherwise.

1 Like

(Guest)

U were married right? U r divorced right? Now what problem? You have problem here also? even after divorce? Godddddddddddddddd.

Image result for oh no face

2 Like

Nisha Patel (N.A.)     31 May 2017

Originally posted by : Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech]
A few days this way or that way of the marriage date does not metter. A change of date of the marriage should not materially affect the case. Suppose the date you gave and the actual date were one before and one after you reached the age of 18,  it could have repurcussions, not otherwise.

No my age will remain over 18 only even though the date is here or there

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register