Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K Raman (Manager)     09 September 2010

Wromg date mentioned in Sale deed

Hi Sir,

I had purchased a House in Bangalore under corporation limits in the year 2000; actually the property was sold by Joint owners, who had inherited the property from their mother who expired in 25th Sep 1995,

Later, her daughters applied for succession certificate in City Civil court and obtained Katha in City Corporation in the year 2000,

Actually the problem is,

In the sale deed I made with owners, Date of expiry of owner's mother was mentioned correctly as 25th Sep 1995, and succession certificate obtained by owner was wrongly mentioned as 22nd April 1995, and Owners obtained Katha in the year 2000

I got loan sanctioned by Bank, and still it’s on loan.

After 10 years now, I am planning to sell the property, I just realized this small mistake is there, I don’t have any copy of Succession certificate of previous owner,but I have Katha in vendor's name( obtained after submitting Succession certificate by owner)

I have valid Katha in my Name done after purchase, and paying taxes in City Corporation till date.

Now, I wanted to sell the property, do I foresee any issue, 

Need your expert advice,

Regards

Raman

Learning

7 Replies

pranjal Dongaonkar (Practice)     09 September 2010

What is KATHA?

plz clarify

K Raman (Manager)     10 September 2010

Hi Sir,

Katha is the certificate issued by Authority of CIty Corporation stating the owner of the property with property number, based on which taxes are paid in owner's name.

In Bangalore it is called Katha Certificate.

Regards

Raman

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     10 September 2010

From The facts as stated by you , the mistake in the date will not make ur title defective.  If any problem arises in the future you can file a suit for declaration. No need to worry now. Cross the bridge when it comes.

suresh (Advocate)     10 September 2010

Dear Mr.Raman,

First let me know in the succession certificate proceedings  the Hon'ble Court have they filed death certificate of their mother.

If they have filed, we have see that is marked as exhibit in the evidence..

if it is marked as exhibit, defenatly the HOb'ble judge has observed in his judgment about the death date.

Upon perusing the judgement Copy of the Hon'ble court  accordingly we can suggest,

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     10 September 2010

u Registered a declaration for that and thereafter u sale this property.

K Raman (Manager)     12 September 2010

Dear Mr Suresh,

I have a copy of Death Certifciate of owner's mother, but I dont have a copy of Succession certifciate,

Succession Certifciate is produed by Owners in City Corporation office to transfer propert rights, and they ahd obtained Katha Cerificate( issues by City Corporation, confirming ther names against the property.)

Regards

Raman

K Raman (Manager)     13 September 2010

Thanks Mr Mugundhan,

Now, I need to sell this propertyu, kindly let me know the process,a dn how long it will take on suit declaration etc

thanks in advance

Regrads

Raman

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register