FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs . Shanta Rani (Housewife)     26 August 2011

Woman's right in agriculture land not cultivated for 2 years

My maternal Uncle died intestate. He was unmarried and left behind a plot of land in Uttarakhand so owned by him . He was survived by his 2 brothers and a sister i.e. my mother as his legal.


My question are:

a)    Is my mother entitled to a share in the aforesaid immoveable property?

b)    Unfortunately, my mother has also expired since then. In this case, I being the only child, am I entitled to her share?

c)    What actions can I initiate since my 2 uncles have transferred the property in their name leaving me out ( they transferred the property post my mother’s death)

d)    I am told that as per laws in Uttarakhand, married daughters do not have any share in the land, is this correct ?


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query