LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amal Jajodia (Steering Committee Member)     18 October 2012

Withdrawal of pf on retirement

I retired in 2010. One of the companies I worked for has not transferred my PF accumulation to the next company I worked for. I approached them for payment of the full accumulated amount to me. They are refusing to pay since I don't know my PF account number related to my service with them. They say they can't find the records.

What should I do?

Can a company refuse payment of dues like this?

If not what are the penalties and to whom should I complain?

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 October 2012

Does the company have its own PF trust? If yes obtain copy of PF rules, formulated by it for circulation.

Has the company deducted and computed PF contribution in salary slip?

If company has not mentioned PF number in salary slip you should have written to supply you the PF number.

Did you submit PF transfer forms under acknowledgment to your company? Do you have copy of the POD or any acknowledgment issued by the company even if by email?

Your company should have submitted the PF forms to the o/o APFC/RPFC within 5 days and should have supplied you the acknowledgment issued by PF office.

You may apply your goodwill, rapport, and skills to obtain even if by email from any of the company personnel that your PF forms have been received.

Raise your demand in writing, under acknowledgment to supply you the PF account slips of all years of service by redg. post.

Who has made the statement “They are refusing to pay since I don't know my PF account number related to my service with them? They say they can't find the records.”

Is it verbal? Employee should record such transactions {audio/visual, preferably visual}.

Move step by step and minute each discussion in writing and submit to the appointing authority, MD, Company Secretary of the company narrating an summarizing each representation made by you in person, by phone, email, letter etc with date of each and name-designation-dept-address of company personnel to whom you had represented, and raise your specific and clear demands.

PF dept. would be able to act better if you supply ball proofs.

If good offices do not grant relief you may approach o/o APFC, RPFC, Addl.CPFC, CPFC. The contact details can be obtained from: 

https://epfindia.gov.in/

You can peruse RTI route also and obtain Form3A,6A,23,24 etc, and also to obtain the details of PF Inspector assigned with your complaint, inspection report, status etc.

You may pay a visit to your local PF office also.

Amal Jajodia (Steering Committee Member)     18 October 2012

Thanks!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register