Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMESH KUMAR VERMA (pursuing company secretary course)     27 August 2010

will you reply my quiery

Dear experts,

Please reply my queries:-

Naresh is tried summarily by the metropolitan magistrate on the charge of committing theft & is sentenced to undergo imprisonment for the period 4 month.

Can Naresh challenge the decision? If so, on what grounds?

Thanks in advance

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Every decision of ordinary or summary process can be challenged in higher courts.

Grounds can not be specified without knowing the material facts of your case, so locate a good lawyer and only a good lawyer,because a bad lawyer can lose a good case and a good lawyer can win a case which is seemingly lost.

Even if you get a good lawyer,study your case yourself as much as possible,be student of your case,a lawyer has a lot of cases,but you would be having a single one,so you can do a lot in winning  your case.

Also offer a good money to your lawyer on winning point,but on winning only,which would be separate from his regular fees.

Wish you best of luck,if innocent.

(Guest)

hi ramesh as far as i know as per sec.262(2) no sentence of imprisonment for a term exceeding 3 months shall be passed in a case of any conviction under summary trial. However in such case theNARESH has the remedy to apply HC u/sec.482 CrPc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register