Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul (test)     17 August 2013

Will / mrityu patra

Hi

Below is the scenario

Property (in a village of Maharashtra) belongs to my Grandfather who is no more.

My Grandmother made a will on local registration office stating the property wud belong to her daughters and not the sons (Grandmother is no more)

My question is 1. How effective this will document will be?

2. Does it require a petition of probate in the same juridication or can be applied any where in Maharashtra?

3.  If yes - What would be the procedure to take a STAY on it.

4. How the property distribution would be legalised in equal.

Pls Guide

Thank you

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     17 August 2013

had your grand father did any will in your grand ma name, if yes she can give to her daughters. In this case the property itself doesnot belongs to your grandma then how can she give to her daughters, that will is null and void, everybody all legal heirs is eligible for  euqal share in your grandpa property, your grand ma can relinquish her rights to the daughters, she cannot do anything more than that. you people  have  to go for partition suit, then things will fall in  place.

Atul (test)     31 October 2014

Hi, thanks - help on below as well: 

1. How to obtain a certified copy of mrtu-patra/will? I just have a vide document number from sub registrar of assurance in the format as 1234/5678.

2. Can I get it On-line, I mean over the internet?

3. Do I need to visit the local branch where it was filled or I can get it from any sub-registrars office ?

Please advise

Thanks!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register