Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

will maternal grand children entitled share in ancestral properties

one person "A" in ANdhra pradesh is having ancestral properties noted his name in SLR (which is only proof for ancestral properties in AP) AS PATTADAR. he died intestate in the year 1983,

he is having only one daughter who was died in 1990.

now the property was in the hands of "A"s brother "B"s sons.

they are showing some documents but not executed by A's Family.

if the children of only daughter of A came to knowledge about properties

now being living legal heirs of A can the children of "A"s only daughter will get the properties of A.

Dear querist,

The children of only daughter of A will be legal heirs and entitle for property. You have to file civil suit in civil court.




than q sir

Yes. agreed with the advise of expert Mr. Sirish Pawar ji.

Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh

I also endorse the legal advice of expert Suresh Pawar. The daughter of A was the sole legal heir of A during the year 1983 soon on demise of A and thus on the death of the daughter of A, her legal heirs are legally entitled to inherit her estate.


You should first go through the documents which were used by B's sons to get the property mutated in their names. You should have obtained the copies of all such documents so as to challenge them as per law.


thanks for ur response sir. all the documents obtained and those documents registered by some others who were not related to ;A;s family. so if the legal heirs have to file a case for declaration of such documents null and void or any other way to file a suit for partition by one of the legal heir against another and the sons of B. which is best way dear Sirs?



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x