Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wife's family is harraseing me and my family

Page no : 2

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Harsha

@Helping hand:

Sir what is the problem in asking a wife to give anything in writing such as leave her family for entire life etc. I think here trust is broken by her to him. If he wants to rebuild the trust with her, he has to go through the written agreement only( I believe so). Is there any consequences legally in this regard?

As per Sandeep's information, she was talking to her parents and brother who were making her to provoke Sandeep. If that is true fact, how he can ensure, in future, those people wont do it?

Is interefering in day to day activities of couples by bride's parents and brother is admissable here or in court?

Please guide

Written or oral agreement, thats a different issue altogether.

First there is a son, there is a daughter, grow up, parents get em married.

Now they become a husband and a wife.

The parents of both the boy and girl have to understand that they no longer cease to be a son and  a daughter, though they still are, it is for the couple ie the boy and girl to understand that they have grown up to be man and woman, a husband and wife and to understand the fact that they have to build their own family like that of their parents.  Grow up as a family, build a family, in all of these they should learn to become independent.

They should learn not to go to their parents telling mamma that happnd, dadda this happnd, donno what to do, here parents play a important role, their responsiblity is to give advice and leave it there.

Not keep on poking nose every now and then, like that they ie the parents should not have gotten their kid married.

Too much interference from both the parentage are top most reason for divorces taking place in India as observed the the Honourable Supreme Court of India.

To complicate it further, if one starts to take each and everything in writing of the duties which are to be performed or not to keep in touch with family members as the querist states above, itself becomes a ground for divorce.  Not letting the wife speak to the outer world, and taking such a thing in writing will surely attract a Domstic Violence Case.

Rest its up to the querist, whether to take it in writing that she brushes her teeth before coming to bed or gargling with listerene mouthwash.

Theleodear (lecturer)     16 May 2013

I thought very much and finally comes to the conclusion that if under family and relative's pressure , i forced to live with my wife after resolving all the disputes from her side and my side anyhow, i can think of it. but one thing i am having in my mind which disturbs me a lot and that is if for taking revange she commits suicide ,what will i do then? because in that situtation my family and i were supposed to get a life imprisonment. If i made my mind to live with her, i will fully support her but what to do in that situation? i dont trust her family at all as they can do anything. If she can also put a wrong charge on us she can do this also. what steps should you people suggest to me in this regard? Is any legal step is there whcih i can take before she come to my house so that i can secure myself and my family from this situation? 

Please help me with your valuable advices

mani (bio tech eng)     17 May 2013

dear friend you  said that her parent came to your house and threaten to your family that show their intention .about you & your family,.... but you must talk to your wife patiantaly and clearly/ and also about the  future consequence it  will help you to find real sentiment & her intention. about you & your family...if her parent stop to you to talk than you have legel way,,,,

now your 2nd fear about her that c may revenge or any charge may came to your family

so my friend if you both started living together apat from your family than whatever wrong will happen it will be limited to you only, your family will be safe, sc has rule this type of dicision  in many cases that nither of the family member may be arrested till than there is not a strong and direct evidence avail

so far if she want to fashen your family like you said may be by sucide so this can be happen from a distance too she need not to leave with you & do so

anyway  if you strat afresh living together than it will help to know both of you eachother.BETTER THEN BEFORE

but if both of you have decided to leave apart than nothing can be done but first option is open for you to talk ,court will also 1 st send both of you to mediation center to solve family issue,

Abhishek (Professional)     18 May 2013

Could you please help in the following situation.

- we are married since 3 years. But we are together hardly for one and half year.
- We have no children as of now. We both are not meeting since one year.
-My wife stays with their Parents and I am staying alone.
- We both are working in different cities. She is working since one year and I am since 6 years.
- We were having issues since our marriage as her mother is more demanding and the quarrel started in my marriage itself because of a small gold ornament that we have to give before we took the bride home.( which is not intimated to us that they that custom).
-Just about 8 months after my marriage, my wife's mother abused my om and my relatives for which my mother has to cry.
- After this incident, my Wife stopped talking to my parents,brothers,my relatives. And she was so stubbern that she was not saying any reason when ever o asked. She is not talking to me for one year and since 2 years with my family.
-Now she has the following  conditions to continue with me:
- She is completely  against about sending some money to my family or brother. which is actually very rare case that my father can survive with his pension. But my brother some times in need as he doing studies.
-
1.I  have to look for a job in my company or near to my company or I have to change my job to her place.
2. She will not talk to my parents and I dont have to talk to their parents. We both have to go their own places if we have to visit our parents.
3. Need to go for health checks. As she accuses that my mom said she is not fit . which is false allegation.
Becuase she hardly stayed 15 days with my family during our visits in our 3 year long marriage.
4.Need to join meditation course. This is one more false allegation that I cant control my anger.

If I agree to all these conditions, what will be my future.
That means I have to be get separated with my family.
I cannot help my parents when they are in need.
What happened to my kid. he also has to follow the same.

I am worried about my family . Because of I start court proceedings and she comes back with any false allegations like Dowry harassment,  Domestic violence then my family has to go behind bars that will make them so bad in my relatives and my father cant take it as he had a heart stroke once.

Please suggest me the best way to get out of this situation. I do not wish to continue the relation with her because she hurt me a lot that I can not accept her any more.

Sorry for the long descripttion. Please kindly help me. I can consult you for the brief discussion about my case.

Current happenings in my case:

as it seems she is consulting some lawyer and coming back to me saying that she will come to my home . This is just happened today, as before 2 days she was so sure about her conditions.It looks like they have some plan behind it. If they record these calls , can they approach the court with any false allegations?      Please let me know if I have to attend her calls/ respond to her messages or not? 

My marriage happened in Andhrapradesh and if the law has any differences in different states , please let me know.

(Guest)

@Abhishek

you should have opened an other thread to discuss your case.

Anyway

1. Send a mail or some middle person to her to discuss on the issue and to come to an understanding. Give a thought and make your stand. Explain her about your stand like what you can compromise and what you cannot compromise. Dont go for ego. Give her due importance, listen to her voice and see how you can accommodate her wishes.

2. Send a register mail with Acknowledgement Due asking her to comeback. Keep the letter short asking her welfare and to return to matrimonial home. Mention the date on which she left the matrimonial home and difficulties you are facing during her absense.

3. Propose that you both can go to marriage counselling for the betterment of your lives.

Now if any of the above doesnt solve the purpose or you receive negative response as part of the above strategy.

4. Take that as a reason to send a legal notice asking her to join the matrimonial home or else face the legal consequences.

5. Take help of a season lawyer to fight the cause from then on.

Bro, what I dont understand is what were you doing for one year? You are a MAN, take control of the things and always do your bit. Dont be afraid, nothing will happen.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register