LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lovefailure (Manager)     09 April 2014

Wife removed mangalyaan and left my home

Dear Members, My wife left me 7 months before with no reason. Her father is not earning and she is not ready to work. She wants me to spend for her family. But i am not in position to help her. I am ready to give some money but not for each and everything. My father in law is spending the money which i gave in gambeling. When i asked this my wife started shouting at me and left my home that i am torturing her After 10 days she given complaint against me in Womens cell under domestic violence. I went for enquiry and they agreed that they received money from me. They demanded all the Jewels and other things which they given at the time of marriage (including her slippers) in written. I have given everything they asked and they returned 2 lacs which they borrowed from me in this 1.5 years. All this i have in written and singed in police station. After 6 months i called her and ask her to come back to my house. She said she is ready to come. But her parents is not allowing her to come. She is not ready to come without her parents consent. In the meantime we met each other without her parenths knowledge and i found she removed the mangalyaan. When i asked to wear it she is not ready to do that. i asked several times but the reply is no. I have asked elder person in my home to talk to her parents. Her parents not ready in talking with us and they said no. After this my wife stops talking to me again. What should i do now. Can i file a divorce case. Our marriage is not registered and now she removed the mangalyaan too and not willing to join me again. Can i file divorce case based on this. If so will i get divorce. What about maintance. I am earning around 30k and have my commitments around 25K. What should i do if she files false complaint again? Experts need your help......


 6 Replies

SATENDRA KUMAR MISHRA (Advocate)     09 April 2014

You can file divorce petition on the ground of cruelty. she has no right of maintainance as she has left your company without any valid reason.    

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     09 April 2014

What should i do if she files false complaint again?


contest the false case on merits.


say her bye bye

dont take her back evenif she is ready to come back.

its easy to fight such false case filers in court for a few years rather than fighting at home daily, for the whole life.


just make out proper grounds and file for divorce.

2 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     09 April 2014

its very easy to go for divorce case and separated legally and you can marry this time as per your choice

but give a thought once again 

1. as you said she is ready but her parents consent is required so initiate their family member to discuss and solve the issue

2. if their parents are not willing then once your wife comes to you then do not allow them again 

3. if every thing goes well then okay or go for mutual consent divorce which is fast and easy as both want to live separatetly

1 Like

lovefailure (Manager)     09 April 2014

Hi All, Thanks for your advise.

How can i prove in court that she has removed the Mangalyam.. Whether i will get divorce only based on this ground.. We got married 2 years before and no childrens so far....

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     09 April 2014

about mangalayam you cannot prove because she may say it way inside and no issue on this 

any how when both are not staying and no kids and lot of issues like police also involved so try to contact her and convince her for MCD and apply and approximately about four times you and she has to come to court and dont talk about alimony here as all the stridhan was given so try to convince for this MCD

1 Like

lovefailure (Manager)     10 April 2014

Hi Mahesh thanks for your advise.  But she is not ready to give MCD and she wants to study and asking me to wait for 3 years..... what should i do now...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register