LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASY Films   17 December 2021

Wife is threatening for suicide

I have accumulated chats from my wife who is threatening me that she will commit suicide and will harm ourself and marriage also took place as she said if I don't Marry her she will commit suicide even though it was arranged marriage but have enough chats with me which talks about her threatening me that she will put me in jail and she will commit suicide and based on all that marriage has not been consummated from the very first day and have a proof of chat as well ,planning to file for divorce after an year what are the chances that I will get divorce

Learning

3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   17 December 2021

Neglect her , don't see the chat ,act that you knows nothing about her threats ,pretend as u know nothing ,keep evidences , let her do whatever she like .

1 Like

ASY Films   18 December 2021

Yeah that's what I have been doing but is my base strong enough to get divorce

Anaita Vas   18 January 2022

The crime here is Criminal Intimidation and is mentioned under Section 503 of the IPC. Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of anyone in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intimidation.

The punishment for the same is mentioned in Section 106 of the IPC. Whoever commits the offense of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both. 

If the threat is to cause death or grievous hurt, etc. and if the threat is to cause death or grievous hurt, or to cause the destruction of any property by fire, or to cause an offense punishable with death or [imprisonment for life], or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute unchastity to a woman, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to seven years, or with fine, or with both.

Thus, criminal intimidation is a pretty strong ground to file a divorce case against your wife.

Regards,

Anaita Vas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register