Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paul (Manager)     28 January 2013

Wife having a relationship

Hello,

I am from India, a computer professional and married for 10 years . I am having two kids ( 6 year & 3 yr) and they are US citizens.. My wife recently developed a relationship with a dentist  whom she went to show her teeth and she is planning to give me divorce ..She is undergrduate  and her education qualification is 10+2 . The doctor assured him to marry and come with two kids ..My wife is threating me that she whould give divorce and not willing to work on the relationship. I am from a humble and middleclass family background , really do not want to go through all these process..

My wife & I am now in US ... she has been talking to the dentist for hours on phone as well through laptops ..The dcotor has also given her some gifts and met her personally ..My wife is in love with the guy and she feel that guy would keep her happy ... they have exchanged several love letters through e-mail ..that guy is also married, having a kid and he wants to give divorce to his wife ... I do not want to go for divorce and want her to realise the mistake and come back to me ... She is very adament and not willing to stop any contact with the guy .. I am very attached to my kids and do not want to loose them at any cost ...

The dentist is a Christian and my wife is Hindu ...I want to save my family

Also the dentist may be planning to get good compnesation from me by marrying my wife ...

Any suggestion or guidance on this regards

Amit

Learning

6 Replies

**Victim** (job)     28 January 2013

Your wife cannot get any compensation infact if she leaves your child with you then she will be responsible to take care of ur children's expense until age of 18 years. Now since ur wife has committed adultery your first move should be child custody immediately so that you get good hold of ur kids when it comes to custody. Try to gather evidence that shows that due to your wife's behavior ur kids are suffering and they cannot grow in that kind of environment if she goes and marry with dentist. As far as divorce and remarry is concerned dentist is also committing adultery. The law is very simple the party who is at fault has to bear expenses. You should immediately hire a good lawyer in U.S. and make the first move trust me ur wife will go through hell. If she makes first move  then she can also obtain restraining orders on you or vice versa. So try to act wise do not think by your heart anymore if she says she will marry that guy then she will and you should not wait until it's too late.

You can also seek advice for free from american lawyers at this website....

https://www.expertlaw.com/

1 Like

stanley (Freedom)     28 January 2013

you can take a horse to the water but you cant make it drink the water :-)

All you can do is play the mind game . Try seeking a transfer elsewhere and try to take the kids along with you as you love them maybe to a different country minus your wife .love is a matter of reciprocation . Why stay with a wife who does not even care or love you . Keep hold of the love letters / Emails exchanged by your wife and it would come of use at a latter stage . Meanwhile consult a good advocate and discuss your case with him .

(Guest)

Collect evidence of adultery, love letters emails call recods, text messages etc, try getting a private detective on board to follow and get video capture of her meeting him.

Talk it out.  Dont tell her that youve gathered evidence.

If she is very adamant on leaving you, let her, file divorce, she wont get a penny from you!

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     28 January 2013

Paul...Forget the legal remedies that are available for a while...Something's not right, 10 years of relation and a recent affair. Have you tried to figure out to why has she taken such a step?...What is she deriving there?...Is the dentist based in India...?

You need to see a counsellor who can devise ways for you to save your marriage...

You will always have the divorce option open in case nothing works out...

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

amit (Manager)     29 January 2013

Thanks for the detail explanation. The Dantist is in India ( Orissa) and I am in USA with my wife and kids .. My wife was in India for 3 months last year during Jul-Aug and that time only she met the dantist while doing her dental treatment ....

The dentist called US number several times and for that I have the phone logs .. Also they used to do voice chat on Skype and sent about 600 mails .. I do not have any proof of that ..the Dentist also met her while she was at Kolkata..but do not proof with me ...

My wife's parents are in my support and they do not want the divorce to happen. The doctor is looking for oppty to marry her get good compensation also.. My wife keep saying u can't prove my adultery...I do have the iPod that was given to her by the dentist.. she is not taking care of the kids also but using them for compensation ground and threating me to take them away from me ..

Please suggest if I should file a legal separtaion in USA as the kids are US citizens. Her parents suggested me to leave her at their place and they will do councelling ....  I am in dupuation from India and I am still Indian citizen ..I need to go back to India sometime end of this year ...shall I plan to go India sooner along with the family ...

Also someone suggested me to lodge a complaint againt police in India againt the dentist ... will that be helpful.

Regards

Paul

amit (Manager)     29 January 2013

Thanks Chetan ...

I think the problem is she has not got love and care from childhood..and she feel she was neglected in married life ..Now when I am trying to do things she is not accepting ..she is always quoting her past .. she always has the tendency to find faults in me ... She wants her all the freedom but when I ask her to stop contact with the guy ..she is not doing that ...

She thinks she is in obsessive love with the guy ..Do you think concelling will help for long term fix ..or she can be good for sometime and then again will change ...

Her parents and no relative suppot her move ..infact she has been fighting with everyone ....She trust the guy very much even though we told so many negative things about the guy but she does not beleive ..even including the dentist other affairs ...I am not sure if she is going through obsession

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register