LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RanjithKumar (A)     28 October 2012

Wife deserted husband without valid reason

I lived a happy married life with my wife still she conceived. Then and there her father makes nasty family politics and disturbs our private life. In the name of suggestion he used to speak some foolish idealogies impractical. And when I deny, he complaints about me to my wife and she start fighting.Apart from this she is(was) a GEM.For instance, I made a little hesitation b4 giving a Lakh ruppee to the in-laws 60 th anniversary as I had plans for my expected baby by then.She threatened me for suicide when she was 7 months carrying as  I asked her not travel in crowded electric train to join her father for shopping.

My wife after going to her father's house for delivary did not return back even after an year after child birth. Some days after child birth, when I visited their house they (in laws) started ill-treating me. It took time for me to realise that they are revenging me for myself not being a slave of her father(as his elder son-in-law is)..Then I posted a letter saying I am coming to take her back and went with my family where they shouted asking us to get out. Then I have given a Lawyer notice asking her to return and live with me but listening to parent's nasty advices she has not replied.

What can I do to bring her back. Her sister (only genuine person in that family)contacted me over phone and told that her father's aim is to make me ask for divorce and they they can keep denying and grab a lump sum from me. She also said that my wife will never neglect their father's words right from childhood. I too know that she is a sincere devotee of that culprit.

In any way, will  my going back to my native affect/worsen  our rejpoining as now we both live in the same city.?

Learning

7 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     29 October 2012

Originally posted by : RanjithKumar

Her sister (only genuine person in that family)contacted me over phone and told that her father's aim is to make me ask for divorce and they they can keep denying and grab a lump sum from me. She also said that my wife will never neglect their father's words right from childhood. I too know that she is a sincere devotee of that culprit.

Be prepared for a DV case or a 498 A being filed on you they may try to abstract money from you in terms of a settlement !!

Rashid Ali (criminal lawyer)     29 October 2012

collect some evidance and file a case against her involving her perents u/s 386,387,389 120b IPC. this case will loose the nut bolt of theirs.

Nirupa (FHUKNMK)     29 October 2012

I am not a Lawyer, but stil I can suggest you few things. Because, I came across similar things, which tempted me to write here. Patience is the key.

Forget what others said about your wife/father-in -law. If you think, she is a GEM person, give her some space and time.

Escaping will not help.  It could worsen the situation as you both are separate now. Decide on your priorities and then work out.

rajesh (asdadad)     29 October 2012

Similar story as that of mine with a minor diff , my arrogant SIL's husband is a slave of her

I have my own story to share with you all  .... my FIL is arrogant and he incites my wife to be highly career oriented and forget the meaning of good married life .. My wife is also somewhat imature , i dont know if she acts like that or she really is ... There are so many missing strings in our relationships which neither my wife nor her parents wants to focus upon ... We got married on 18th June 2011 and started our family life on 3rd July 2011 ( there was only both of us in Pune at that time while my parents were living in my 100 KMs away hometown) During marriage we didnt ask for any dowry neither we were in favor of that ... but from that day onwards , it was a complete torture for me .. from 3rd July to 29th Dec . she stayed with me only for 2.5 months and also in that period , her parents were constantly in touch with her through phone like they daily used to call her for 3-4 hours .... 

Then one day her sister told me about a job in Mumbai and asked me to switch to Core engg job from IT field .. Before my wife ran away on 29th Dec 2011 , 15 days ago she again called me and abused me for taking my wife to my parents place on weekly basis or  once in 15 days .. 

After my sucide attempt on 8th Feb 2012 , she returned back and got a job on 12th March 2012 but again she started complaining about her so called hectic schedule ..blah blah ... and when it was confirmed that she is preggy by 6 week and 6 days on 19th May 2012 .. she started creating scene and after 3 days she sent me a SMS telling me her decision to abort the child ... on 3rd June her dad , brother came and took her away to their place giving false promise of sending her back ... When I asked him to send her back he told me about his decision of giving divorce to me .. When i went their place for negotions , he threatened me and my father for lives and thrown us out ..on 30th June he came and took away all the househole items .. After this whole drama started off and he started abusing my parents, brother and me and asking my parents to force me to agree with his decision otherwise he would file DV cases , dowry cases etc etc... 

I sent her a lawyer notice for coming back to my home within 7 days on 14th Aug .. but her dad replied through a lawyer notice asking for a divorce .. I stayed calm for a month which irritated him and finally on 29th Sept he filed for a divorce petition in Buldana( MH )  court which recieved on 20th Oct and i am summoned to the court on 3rd Nov 2012 ..

I have given just a summary of whole happenings here but for a further understanding of whole nonsense ,you can read my blog   .. And guide me

RanjithKumar (A)     29 October 2012

Mr.stanley, How is it possible for them to claim lump sum when I am unwilling for divorce and she forecefully asks without valid reason?

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     29 October 2012

if your in laws are detaining your wife illegaly without any reason then you can file a writ of habeas corpus ad subjiciendum   under article 226 of constitution.

stanley (Freedom)     30 October 2012

Originally posted by : RanjithKumar
Mr.stanley, How is it possible for them to claim lump sum when I am unwilling for divorce and she forecefully asks without valid reason?

I just conveyed to you the premutations and combinations of what may happen like 498 A where in you are arrested and have to seek AB . And these charges are related to harassment for dowry .Hence i mentioned settlement for the case ( lum sum )  if you contest it is great .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register