Decode Ballistic Reports Like a Pro. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj (CEO & Founder SAM International UAE)     14 September 2026

Noc for roof top solar plant as per pmsgby

Sir, I applied for 5KW RTS UNder PMSGBY on the national portal which has been approved. TGechnical feasibility by TATA Power has been granted auto on the website. Joint site inspections by TATA Power(Solar Net Metering and the authorised Vendor has also been carried out. I applied to the my hsg Society on 07 Aug 2026 but till date the Housing Societry has not given the NOC. Therefore, I have lodged online complaint with Dy Registrar also. But the Spociety is stalling. Is there any provision or legal precedent that beyond 30 days , it would be deemed approved?

Incidentally, the National Portal ie PMSBY does not mandate any NOC from the concerned Hsg Society. 

Please help,

Regards 



Quick Summary
A homeowner is facing significant delays in obtaining a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their housing society for a 5KW rooftop solar plant approved under the PMSGBY scheme. Despite technical approvals and site inspections, the society has not issued the NOC, prompting an online complaint. The homeowner is seeking advice on whether the NOC can be considered approved after 30 days, especially as the national portal doesn't mandate society NOCs.

 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 September 2026

You can ask the Dy. Registrar what action he has taken on your complaint using RTI.  

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     15 September 2026

Redraft your query without use of abbrevation(s). 

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 September 2026

"Incidentally, the National Portal ie PMSBY does not mandate any NOC from the concerned Hsg Society"

If so, why you have sought NOC?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2026

No provision exists under general Cooperative Society laws or the Electricity Act for an automatic "Deemed Approval" after 30 days regarding a Housing Society NOC. The DISCOM’s 15-day deemed feasibility approval applies strictly to grid capacity checks, not to society common-property permissions.

While the central PM Surya Ghar portal does not mandate an NOC upfront, state electricity distribution companies (like TATA Power / MSEDCL) require physical and legal access to the building’s common area.

Regulatory commissions (such as MERC) and High Courts view solar panels as a lawful consumer right. A housing society cannot withhold an NOC out of arbitrary refusal or personal bias.

ubmit a written letter to the Society Secretary and Chairman requesting NOC to install the proposed project, and a written response within 7 days, explicitly stating that a lack of response will be treated as arbitrary obstruction of a Central Government Green Energy Initiative (PM Surya Ghar).

Dy. Registrars regularly issue direct orders to Society Management Committees directing them to issue solar NOCs within a specified frame if no structural objection exists.

 

Manoj (CEO & Founder SAM International UAE)     18 September 2026

Dear Learned Friends,

I am thankful to everyone for their contribution. I have already lodged a complaint with Dy Registrar, Maha Coop Societies. However, as per the Workflow, Ineed to give him 30 days . Meanwhile it has been 40 days and the Society is stalling. I have given them a notice of 48 hrs after which I am planning to lodge complaint with a) Pradhan Mantri Surya Ghar- on the national portal . I know nothing will come of it, perhaps the Mini of R &E at the Centre may push the State Govt. That is what I will be writing. b) I also am going to lodge complaint to CM , Shri Devendra Fadnavis who holds the portfolio of Min Energy.   


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register