Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Why only Advocates-Doctors-Engineers called professionals ?

Page no : 2

Shree. ( Advocate.)     18 July 2010

1. A profession needs extensive training and specialized knowledge. On the other hand, an occupation does not need any extensive training.

2. A profession can be called an occupation when a person is paid for his particular skills, and his deep knowledge. Persons engaged in an occupation are not paid for their knowledge, but only for what they produce.

3. Unlike a person engaged in an occupation, a professional has to undergo higher education.

4. A profession tends to be autonomous, whereas, for an occupation, no one has autonomous power; he or she is supervised by another person.

5. Unlike occupation, a profession demands that the resonsibility lies with the individual.

6. A profession is guided through certain ethical codes, and regulated by certain statute.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     19 July 2010

To.
Mr. Madhu alias Tushar comic,

The immature & typical antics of a million-question-child inside you is hindering you to understand the difference between a Profession and a Professional.

You may consider cindering up your NAREDCO  certificate,  which might help you in dawning up the  difference between a Profession and a Professional.  Further a NAREDCO  certificate,  does not entitle you to be called a Professional and in lieu of that neither you can depose before a judge in any legal matters.

BTW,  in Mumbai, every 4th person is a  road-side Real Estate Agent (Broker) and hardly 1% of them are professionals.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

JOJI Achangadon   07 September 2016

I do give a hand to Mr. Madhu

Mr Hemant Agarwal, while coming for discussion be open hearted to accept other people's opinion. Don't be stubborn as in Court to stamp your opponent lunatic to win your case. it's a discussion panel and nothing like some one commented in this thread, ' last word'. here Mr Madhu is a participant, not 'opponent'

My point here is: if court accepts only 'degreed' professional views why the court accept the point of a Photographer in most cases while he has no degree? So for the 21st century be prepared; don't still live in the Ambedkar Law Book. much has changed after.

Just a degree doesn't ensure anything. I have seen many stupid professionals who have degree but don't have 'morale' or 'ethics'. I don't think that they have 'earned' degree but 'bought' degree. Rascals!

Time to change for a Revolutionary India as we have great models like APJ Abdul Kalam to follow. Our Indian culture is centuries old. Let us prove to the modern world that India is pioneer in implementing logical, timely resolutions as well.

It's TIME to approve professional sweepers as well 'professional'

Hats of Madhu!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register