Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Who is responsible for correcting dob in class x certif.

i work as a teacher in a girls' govt school under delhi administration.

one of my students who had been under me since 2011 is now in class 11th.

when she was in class 9th,ie,in 2012,i had sent all my students' names (including hers)to CBSE office for registartion.her parents' names,her date of birth and her own name spellings were checked by me for accuracy,by referring to her old documents which she had presented to this school while seeking admission.

by mistake i entered wrong date of birth before sending her details to CBSE.

still she signed some papers which mentioned all the above details,including her DOB.her signature implied that she regards her details as correct.it's mandatory to take students' signatures before sending these details to CBSE office.

in 2013 again,when she was in class 10th her detials were shown to her which she signed again before approving them finally..if any correction was needed it could have been done only if she had pointed out any error.

so two times,ie,in 2012 and 2013,she approved her details to be correct,including her DOB by signing without checking properly.

few months later she even got CBSE registration card which mentioned wrong DOB.at that time also she did not point out the incorrect DOB.

Now when she passed her 10th exam,she noticed the  incorrect DOB in her 10th certificate.suddenly she woke up to this error,which she had been ignoring since 2012,by blindly signing..

now does the onus of this error really lie on me to get these details corrected?my school colleagues say that DOB change in 10th certificate will cost money and that i should pay money to get it changed from CBSE,otherwise it can cause legal action from parents on me.her parents  say its my fault.

was it not the girl's fault to keep signing papers 2 times in 2012 and 2013 and wake up to this blunder only in 2014.should the girl and her parents not take responsibility of getting DOB changed by visiting CBSE office ?can i be forced to pay CBSE fees for DOB correction?

please tell me the legal route to save myself.

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 November 2014

(i) As per Rule 69.2 of the Examination Byelaws of the Board no change in the date of birth once recorded in the Board’s records shall be made. However, corrections to correct typographical and other errors to make the certificate consistent with the school records is made provided that corrections in the school records should not have been made after the submission of application form for admission to examination to the Board.

(ii) Such correction in the date of birth of a candidate in case of genuine clerical errors is made after establishing that the wrong entry was made erroneously in the list of candidates/application form of the candidate for the examination.

(iii) Request for correction in date of birth has to be forwarded by the Head of the Institution along with attested photostat copies of :

(a) application for admission of the candidate to the school;

(b) portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register where entry in date of birth has been made; and

(c) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted at the time of admission.

(iv) The application for correction in the date of birth, duly forwarded by the Head of the Institution along with documents mentioned above will be entertained by the Board only within five years of the date of declaration of result. No correction whatsoever shall be made on application submitted after the said period of five years.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2014

You are Delhi Govt employee and bound by CCS(Conduct) Rules under which a Government servant is under obligation to maintain devotion to duty and you have failed to observe so so you are liable for disciplinary action.

You feel that you are having a big defence.  Infact you have only a feeble defence (rather no defence).  Signature/approval of minor child has no bearing as it is well know that a student carries little discretion to point out the error of a teacher.

It is you and you alone who has created and error. 

You seem to be just not realising if disciplinary action is taken the following can be punishment:-

(i) Censure

(ii) stoppage of increment

(iii) stoppage of promotion (including MACP)

(iv) reduction to lower stage of pay

(v) reduction to lower rank (or lower pay scale i.e. withdrawal of MACP)

(vi) compulsory retirement

(vii) removal from service

(viii)dismissal from service.

In case you are holding a post of TGT/PGT the penalty from (i) to (iv) can be awarded by the Dy Director himself. For remaining penalties the procedure can be started by started byh Dy Director and can be referred to Director of Education for final decision.

If you retire during the proceeding the terminal benefits will nto be released.

If you are under probation [new appointment or new promotion] during the proceedings the probation may not be cleared and if the proceedings overshoot the maximum extention admissible then you leave the present post.

In addition if your Principal is worth the salary she is drawing must record this fact in your ACR which renders you unfit for promotion/MACP  for the next five years. This entry will be a hurdle in clearing probation.

Failure of the Principal to take action against you renders herself liable for disciplinary action as mentioned above on the charge of lack of supervision.

So better resolve the matter amicably instead of annoying the parents. 

Putting query after query on this forum is not going to help at all. 

You are Delhi Govt employee and bound by CCS(Conduct) Rules under which a Government servant is under obligation to maintain devotion to duty and you have failed to observe so so you are liable for disciplinary action.

You feel that you are having a big defence. Infact you have only a feeble defence (rather no defence). Signature/approval of minor child has no bearing as it is well know that a student carries little discretion to point out the error of a teacher.

It is you and you alone who has created and error.

You seem to be just not realising if disciplinary action is taken the following can be punishment:-

(i) Censure

(ii) stoppage of increment

(iii) stoppage of promotion (including MACP)

(iv) reduction to lower stage of pay

(v) reduction to lower rank (or lower pay scale i.e. withdrawal of MACP)

(vi) compulsory retirement

(vii) removal from service

(viii)dismissal from service.

In case you are holding a post of TGT/PGT the penalty from (i) to (iv) can be awarded by the Dy Director himself. For remaining penalties the procedure can be started by started byh Dy Director and can be referred to Director of Education for final decision.

If you retire during the proceeding the terminal benefits will not be released.

If you are under probation [new appointment or new promotion] during the proceedings the probation may not be cleared and if the proceedings overshoot the maximum extention admissible then you leave the present post.

In addition if your Principal is worth the salary she is drawing must record this fact in your ACR which renders you unfit for promotion/MACP for the next five years. This entry will be a hurdle in clearing probation.

Failure of the Principal to take action against you renders herself liable for disciplinary action as mentioned above on the charge of lack of supervision.

So better resolve the matter amicably instead of annoying the parents.

Putting query after query on this forum is not going to help at all.

cancelled

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 November 2014

A good and excellent explanation and advise to the querist by both Mr. Ramachary and Mr. Sudhir Kumar.  Hope this gives a correct picture of the status of the querist to the query posted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register