LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     26 July 2013

Who is entitled to costs awarded

Can any upright Lawyer answer this question honestly?

Who is legally (and not as per the unethical practices adopted) entitled to get costs awarded in a suit? The party i.e. litigant  or the lawyer? 

Learning

5 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     26 July 2013

the party is entitled to any kind of cost given by court. Advocate can only claim his ligal fee and nothing else, if he does so eithically it is wong and the client can approach the bar counsel  with a complainant. 

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     26 July 2013

Thanks U SurjeetJi for your correct Reply

Now, kindly let me knwo is tehre any Law, or Section in any Law, or any provision in Advocates Act or any other Act or Law or any case law of Supreme Court, which justifies corroborates your anser

I shall be very obliged for that

surjit singh (Assistant)     29 July 2013

Dear Mr Ashok the crux of every law is the basic common sense. When you are giving a VAKALATNAMA, that means you are giving an authority to argue/defend/persue the case keeping your interest in the matter within the permissible legal parameters. It is entrusting of a trust. And if the advocate goes beyond this trust that means he has breached your trust.

So far receiving of cost is concerned. The cost is given on the order of the Court. At no point of time the court can say that the advocate is entitled to the cost. If the cost is not paid to you you can move of your own before the particular court that the cost has not been paid to him. In this matter I will request you to have a copy of the Advocate's Act and the Bar Council Act & Rules, this will clear all your doubt in the matter.

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     29 July 2013

Dear Sir My question is very simple and I request U to kindly give a simple answer Who is legally (and not as per the unethical practices adopted) entitled to get costs awarded in a suit? The party i.e. litigant or the lawyer?

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     29 July 2013

Surjit Ji has laready answered this question  by saying "the party is entitled to any kind of cost given by court. Advocate can only claim his ligal fee and nothing else, if he does so eithically it is wong and the client can approach the bar counsel  with a complainant. "

But I am interested in knowing the Law, or Section in any Law, or any provision in Advocates Act or any other Act or Law or any case law of Supreme Court, which justifies corroborates the answer of Surjitji

I shall be very obliged for that

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register