Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Who has more rights after marriage Wife or Parents?

Page no : 2

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     20 January 2011

as per various HC and SC judgements unamarried  who are studying and treating married sisters customarily also is a part of duties of an earning hindu male and can be deducted from his income before deciding his share of maintenance for wife , father , mother and children.

old parents even if getting some pension and having serious  illnesses are entitled to a share of maintenance which may in some cases be more than wife or children . a hindu male is duty bound equally to maitain his wife , parents and children as per law.

Please note : i am not replying to anyone , i am just adding to my earlier post.

(Guest)

Dear Kamal Grover, I just wanted to know the position(in legal terms) of a divorcee or deserted lady who is not able to maintain herself seeing the distribution of income of the brother(man) because when husband denies maintenance whom she would claim?I don't think my above post indicates anything about my personal life.

So thanks for the following advice though I don't need it!!My parents had taught me how to respect others.

So good luck and serve your inlaws like your parents and you will feel heaven on earth

else u will spoil your half life to judge who is important and to get importance and half to get importance infront of your children coz thier wifes will do the same with you also.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 January 2011

It appears all are deviating from the original simple question of Sankirsh

(Guest)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register