LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (hhhlili)     07 September 2017

Whitener used in partition deed

Recently we have gone for a partition deed. Last minute found many mistakes in the document and used Whitener. Even added few lines as it was late evening and printer was not available. The document got registered and the sub registrar says no problem as the Whitener used before scanning of the document in the SRO office. I want to sell the property that I got from this partition. Just want to double check with you (experts) whether I will have any problem while selling. Please advise

Learning

5 Replies

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     07 September 2017

You can, if require, obtain a certified copy from the Registrar which will prove that the document was registered with the corrections because now a days they are scanned. If you have done any further correction after Registration then you will be in trouble

(Guest)

I endorse views of Shri Gandhi Mohan Bharati.

kumar (hhhlili)     07 September 2017

Thank you for your response. Do you mean Nakhal when you say certificate? I took Nakhal and found no discrepancy. It is in sync with the original document. So is my document legally valid and will not have any problems while selling the property. Appreciate your response.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     07 September 2017

Since document is validly registered hence there would not be any issue in selling the property.

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     07 September 2017

Yes your have to obtain a certified copy, i.e. "Nakhal" from the  Sub-Registrar  and that will have legal sanctity & authenticity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register