Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Whether wife can seek divoce if her husband is seduced ?

Page no : 2

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     27 January 2012

Originally posted by :N.K.Assumi

"

Are man and woman have the liberty to fall in temptation? and say he/she was tempted? I would say it's darn silly excuse.

"

@ Author

1. Was it ‘s*xual’ seduction ? As ‘seduction’ can be of various kinds and not all seductions leads to breakdown of marriage ! It is not very clear from this query!

2. Seduction suits are rarely brought in modern times and have been very rare under Family Law in recent times primarily because they publicize the “victim's humiliation”. I am leading readers to S. 366A IPC read with S. 9 IT(P)A, 1956.

3. Now, will the ‘other women who in my opinion is actual victim if seduction word you are using’ come forward to now act as ‘victim’? NO

4. In instance facts wife can seek and yes she can seek divorce only but will she get is nobodays casue title as the query is too short to put on.

5. But with such loose instance facts she cannot get divorce. Reason being the querist is stating facts as ‘happily married man’ so the question is will this wife change the ‘quality’ of her marriage by drawing such insane charges of ‘seduction’ now on her husband? The answer is big NO.

6. Second reason is that Apex court has already well defined word and phrases ‘seduction’ in a 2002 old case where Apex court states “seduction amounts to surrender of her body by a woman who is otherwise reluctant or unwilling to submit herself to illicit intercourse in consequence of persuasion, flattery, blandishment or importunity, whether such surrender is for the first time or is preceded by similar surrender on earlier occasions.I from this query see all those silver quality proofs missing.

7. Will the ‘victim’ who is the ‘other women’ here say so in open Court that also on whims and fancies of a wife whose husband is in ‘happily married’ stage by her own admission as per this query! The answer is big NO.

8. End result husband will be treated as innocent and he will be devastated now to seek divorce by turning into a (opportunist) misogynist well why not we give 2 cent of benefit of doubt to this man !!!

This queriest is contradicting h/er own statements by such short query in spur of moment is my view. Moreover I strongly put my 2 cents into para 2 and add further 2 cents as generic quote on temptations;

Marriage is popular because it combines the maximum of temptation with the maximum of opportunity.”

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 January 2012

Nothing done under the influence of non-voluntary intoxication can be held against the husband.

Wife should be gracious enough.

Even the case would have no legs to stand upon if intoxication can be found to be non-voluntary.

Regards,

Shnee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Ranee....... (NA)     27 January 2012

yes, it will depend upon the wife only.She would judge after analysing husband's past deeds in such situation.If it is the first time then he must be and should be forgiven.

(Guest)

yes, its very difficult to prove to seek divorce on this ground and its upto wife Ek galti maff(If it is the first time then he must be and should be forgiven.-Utpala said.)

I remember one Shayari from https://www.shayariadda.com/patriotic-shayari/jo-ek-galti-karay-woh-anjan-3365/

Jo Ek Galti Karay Woh Anjan

Jo 2 Galti Karay Woh Nadan
Jo 3 Galti Karay Woh Shaitan
Jo Galtion Pay Galti Karay Woh Pakistan
Jo Har Galti Maaf Karay Woh Hindustan

Ranee....... (NA)     27 January 2012

very nice n funny reply by kushan...ha ha ha...:D

(Guest)

@Tajobsindia,

Boss as you know that seduction will ultimately result in INNOCENCE and NO DIVORSE.Is this the reason you keep remembering Deviyon if they are unavailable for long time?;);):P:P

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register