Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

soni   11 June 2015

When magistrate decides ingredients of any section of ipc ?

Sir/Mam,

I filed case u/s. 420 of IPC against 2 Accsed one of them resides outside the jurisdiction of Court.

The Magistrate after going through the complaint took cognizance and decided to record my statement on oath on next date and after recording the same he sent the case to Police for inquiry u/s. 202 of Cr.P.C. and the Police sent the negative report after 03 months.

After 06 months, the Magistrate dismissed the Complaint amongst others on grounds that

• The ingredients of section 420 of Indian Penal Code are not made out.

In my opinion if the ingredients were not made out as per sec. 420 then the Magistrate straightway must have rejected the Complaint at pre-cognizance stage before taking cognizance, recording my statement on oath and sending case for inquiry u/s. 202 of Cr.P.C.

Whether my opinion is correct or not ?

Whether the Magistrate is right to reject the case by assigning such reason at this stage ?

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     18 June 2015

The magistrate under sec .200 Cr. P.C  recorded your statement on oath and directed police to enquire and investigate the matter u/s.202 Cr.P.C.. On perusal of the investigation report submitted by the police he observed that your complaint lacs required ingredients to frame charges u/s.420 IPC.  If you are agrieved and disatisfied with the order you may file Revision petition or can prefer appeal in the High Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register