LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

What custom duty i have to pay for?

I have onw query about custom duty I want to buy a product  which cost around 115 dollar ( 5000Rs) ,a electronic product from ebay. they said that they will send this product via Hongkong through air parcel after payment confirmation through Paypal account using credit or debit card.They dont mention any custom duty on this product only product cost 85 dollar plus shipping cost around 25 dollars.(Delivery lead time: 7 ~ 14 working days to North America, Europe, Asia.Due to the custom problem, the shipping time of Italy might be longer than two weeks.Also the delivery time might be delayed during Holidays such as Christmas &  New Year Holidays  All shipping fees include the shipment insurance.)

Now my question whether i ahve to pay custom duty or not  if yes than how much?

Learning

4 Replies

MOHANA SUNDARAM (SR. MANAGER)     03 April 2011

The custom duty  will be approx . Rs  1800 . All the courier company will file the consolidated Bill of entry  where your consignment will also be listed and  courier  company will pay the  customs duty on behalf of  the importer (you)  in the first port of entry i.e.  either in Delhi , Mumbai  or Chennai customs .  You can take the copy of the bill of entry and then pay the duty  by cash/DD   as stated in the bill of entry to the courier company at the time of delivery of your consignment

1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks sir.

LAWYER ADVOCATE (Prop)     11 December 2011

We are THAPAR & ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM an internationally recognized law firm concentrating in Customs (Import Export) Law with more than 40 years of service to the trade community. Many of our professionals have extensive prior government experience.

In addition, THAPAR & ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM handles legal matters involving any kind of Customs (Import Export) Issues on behalf of its clients any where in India.

"We at THAPAR & ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM guarantee that when we handle any case.
Our Client's get favourable and satisfying results"

Our experience, industry knowledge, and government service make THAPAR & ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM uniquely qualified to help our clients manage the complexities of the rapidly changing global economy and the legislative and judicial decisions affecting their business. If you have any legal matter or query please feel free to mail us.

Thanking you,Yours truly
Advocate Mukta Thapar

THAPAR & ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM
Email:- muktaone@ymail.com
Mobile:- + 91 96191 76351

https://lawyeradvocate.webs.com/

Advocates, Solicitors, Notaries, Patent & Trademark Attorneys

111- A, A- wing,Pratik Industrial Estate, Mulund Goregoan Link Road, Near to Mulund Port

Bhandup west, Mumbai- 400078, MAHARASHTRA. India

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     11 December 2011

This self advt is misconduct under advocates act .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register