LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijayprasad (software)     16 May 2010

wants divorce

I'm a 30 yrs old and married in Hyderabad on october 2008 and currently residing in pune. i m  software engineer working in
reputed MNCs.
This was a Christian arranged marriage

 a) her  mother and mothers sister both are divorced and not staying with husbands for long time .
 b) she is 18 years old at the time of marriage and studied intermediate and almost failed .she is from village.

 c) no dowry
  -- not a single rupee as dowry.
     They asked us to bear marriage expenses and they told they will give after 6 months as their financial position is not good.
     they told that they can afford 1 lakh(marriage expenses) and own house will be gifted after 5 years.
     I have taken loan from  bank for bearing marraige expenses for 1.5lakh @ 15% interest .

Now, after marriage
   I rented a separate house(leaving my parents) stayed with her.

 -- she tried to avoid me from my parents by not letting me meet my parents in hyderabad.
 -- she doesnt like any of our relatives.
 -- lot of arguments that she is very young to give birth to child and she is not at all interested to live with me .
 -- she quarrels with me regularly that im not taking care of her and her parents
    that i should give some amount of money for her mother's maintainence every month even though she is working .

-- -- i have never asked money (marraige expenses) from her any time.
 -- she wants to go to her native place every month and stays for more than month.
 -- she is very short tempered.
 -- she is very much interested to go for beauty parlours.
 -- she wants to be modern girl and wears all the dresses which a married women should not wear.
 -- she have tendency to make suicide for very small reasons and attempted suicide taking sleeping   pills   as    i  have slapped her once for uttering badwords on me.
 -- at that time i have admitted her in hospital and she is discharged after 2 days.
 -- From then her parents started torturing that they will give complaint on me and my parents .
 -- within our 6-7 months family life she has undergone abortion 2 or 3 times without my knowledge.

 Before our marriage day in october 2009 their parents came to pune stating that her grandmother is not feeling
well and she wants to see her.

They have started immediately and informed me 1 hr before that they are leaving .

I have requested them to wait for 2 days and leave after marriage day.

But left ignoring me and informed she will be back after 10 days.

After reaching their parents house she has not contacted me even though i tried to contact her but all their mobiles are switched off.

My parents tried to contact them and they avoided them.

Our pastor(church) has gone there and asked reasons for avoiding us.

They informed that im harassing my wife and she is not at all interested to go back.

I tried to convince her but no use and stayed there for more than 8 months.

Now they are demanding huge amount for deserting her in a meeting which is held in their native under church committee members.

Not filed case in any court until now but warning our family.

Please help us and procedure to get divorce from her possibly with mutual consent.


 5 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     20 May 2010

If all the conciliation efforts by the church is failed,you may try a family counselling too.

if you have already decided to move ahead with divorce,meet a local lawyer for the same.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 May 2010

collect the report of church, it will help you latter on

vijayprasad (software)     21 May 2010

thanks a lot yar for ur reply

Bhupendra Soni (Lawyer)     23 May 2010

i can solve your problem with in a week. Contact Mr. Bhupendra Soni (09352414067)

Basavaraj (SOMETHING)     07 June 2010

File divorce petetion against her

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register