Dear Esteemed Members,
I need your expert guidance in my matter. I am having billing related issues with Vodafone and on my persistent request and follow up to resolve the matter I am yet to hear from them.
Today they have debar me from all the services due to non settling the International Roaming dues. I am quite adamant to proceed legally with them. The simplest reason is that they are forcing the customer to pay for the services which they have not used and informed them 5 days after service activation that I am not getting any signal while tracking overseas.
I made a request to activate International Roaming and took a package of 5000 INR a day before start of my overseas journey on Apr 20 2018. I got the confirmation by SMS that service has been activated and even I spoke to the customer care executive that night. On 21 Apr, when I landed Abudhabi Vodafone is unable to latch me on Atislat network. I tried multiple times but all attempts vain. The same story has happens when was in NewYork on Apr 21 (US Calendar). I have spoken to the Customer Care executive of Vodafone over the chat but yet I did not get the signal of T Mobile. The executive has raised the complaint but no resolution. From there, when I reached Vegas there also I was not getting any signal even after approaching to Customer Care.
As I was unable to do my work without network I was in constant touch with Vodafone executive but they didn’t resolve the problem. On Apr 25, I marked them an email stating that I don’t need the service any they are unable to latch me on any network. I even mentioned that I am going to purchase a local SIM to do my day to day activity. On Apr 26, I purchased T Mobile Traveler SIM card in Chicago and start using the same till I was there.
I was under impression that Vodafone has closed the matter after my email but they didn’t do it. When I returned back to India and start using my Vodafone number I came to know Vodafone has charged me for the service which I didn’t use and even informed to them.
I approached to Vodafone Customer Care, Corporate Care and even Nodal officer to resolve the matter but yet I didn’t receive the satisfactory response. All I got from them that I have used 0.26 MB of data but when I asked them CD-R file they have not provided the same yet. I made ample request to speak to the supervisor and even a call back request but didn’t happen either. Though, I received couple of text messages from them that they were trying to reach me but am not available. This really shows their intentions as everyone was able to reach on my number except Vodafone.
I even made a complaint at 198 on the last Friday morning and they assured me that matter will be resolved by June 22 but without any call or notifications they debar me for all the services.
Please guide me the path and let me know whether there is chance to proceed it legally in this case.
Looking forward to hear soon!