LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranvijay Singh   04 December 2015

Violation of Right to equality

I am a 23 year old student. Recantly undergone a kidney transplant surgery. I was preparing for UPSC civil services. But according to there gazzette of India.Extraordinary Civil Services. I am declared unfit. Organ transplant candidates are considered unfit. Though my reports are normal. Can I move to court regarding this issue. (1) As I am not considered disabled but unfit both at same time. Acc to medical fitness report by my doctor - I am able to discharge my duties. (2) I am not asking for reservation , asking for opportunity (Right to equal opportunity ) (3) In that gazzette at one place , it is mentioned that if disease is curable by surgical means, they will be considered fit.( but they dont specify kidney disease in that list) (4) In a landmark judgement , Bombay high court said - "if ailment is curable, you cant be denied job". and luckily this was a case of kidney transplant patient. (5) Its a non technical service, if it applies to all other services then I am eligible for nothing. It is against social justice and my right to live with dignity. please help thanks all


 5 Replies

Ranvijay Singh   04 December 2015


Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 December 2015

Has your application been rejected?

Submit a representation to UPSC under proper acknowledgment.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 December 2015

Also posted at:.............


Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 December 2015

Also posted at:



Shreshta@ JA Beno AOR supreme (AOR supreme court of india )     07 December 2015

First you should send a letter to UPSC clarifying the facts of oyour health since you have stated that yopu are fit for discharging your duties you have every right to apear folr the examinations as per the constitution. If after receipt of your appliucation if UPSC dosent consider the same it can be chalange by way of writ in appropriate court.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register