LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod (Driver)     20 March 2014

Validity of land selling agreement

I made an agreement to sale my land in 2011 to M.L.A. & he took it on his friends name. When ever i ask him for registration i don't know why he is not doing registration, every time his manager will give some reasons & the M.L.A. will never talk to me. I would like to know what is validity period for an agreement, what can i do? I think M.L.A. is doing wantedlly bcoz to torchture me & take my land for cheaper rate.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 March 2014

Produce the document of agreement to sell to your lawyer (if not, engage a local lawyer) to find out the terms and conditions for completion of the transaction, it is mentioned therein.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     21 March 2014

Give a legal notice to MLA saying that you are ready to register the sale deed. Inspite of your serving notice, he does not heed, then file a case of specific performance before the local court. Inspite of that also if he never comes to the court, the agreement will be cancelled and the advance amount shall be forefieted. i.e. you are not supposed to return the money and you will remain the owner of the property.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 March 2014

Since the agreement to sell dates back to 2011, it has its time limit, therefore it is important to show the document to some seasoned local lawyer.

There is no need to issue notice, just intimate the purchaser that your earnest money stands forfieted in terms of agreement.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2014

consult a local lawyer and if law permits issue him a legal notice  calling for performing his part of contract by expressing your ready and willingness to perform your part of the contract.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register