Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tanu (executive)     03 April 2013



i m 24 yrs old a girl, got married 8 mnths ago, after 2 mnths of my marriage my hubby torchour me various way... now he left me in kolkata ... he don't want to keep the relation further, though i also want divorce...

1. i want mutuall divorce.

2. how much time it requir?

3. what r expected expences?

4. what is the procedure?

note: it is a social hindu marriage. we don't have any registry paper or cetificate.

both of us want this divorce.


 4 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     03 April 2013

Approach several  Advocate's locally  and you will see the variation in rates and file for MCD and the matter is over in 6 months time .  If you dont mind can you narrate his torcher of various ways since behind every failed marriage a woman narrates this cause .


Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     03 April 2013

Registration certificate is not mandatory for filing of the petition, other evidence can be filed to show marriage.  If you have taken final decision for divorce then, after one year of seperation, you and your husband can file for MCD in the family court / dist. court. You will be given 6 months period for reconsidering your decision and the court will also make attempts of reconciliation. If both of you still stay firm on the decision of divorce even after 6m and move the second motion then, the court will grant the decree.

1 Like

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     03 April 2013

I know cases where husband and wife colluded to falsely declare that they had been separated for one year, and filed for MCD and got it too.

sharada h v (lawyer)     03 April 2013

dear cleint,

    u need to file a divorce petition of mutual consent before the dist. court where u are residing/ last resided together, it will take u 6 months of time from the date of filing. the fees will be charged depending on the advocate and the places. THANKS,


                SHARADA H V< ADVOCATE

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query