unable to live with horrible wife

its 9 years i have been married.After 4 years my parents got separated because of my wife's behaviour as scolding with worst words. they are staying in first floor and we are at ground floor. still my wife is scolding them just because of some silly reasons, so they are planning to go away from this house which is in my name. now I am also frustrated with her words and behaviour. we have 7year son , so now I am also planning to go out of home and live separately. please advise what else can I do in this situation; however, I had given a lot of chances to my wife but she didn't correct herself. I don't want to continue with her , so please advise what if I leave alone and what could cost if I ask for divorce as I have lot of recordiny where she scolded my parents.

You can file for divorce on ground of cruelty...however it's always better not to break a home...child will suffer so before proceeding legally try professional counseling...

Divorce proceedings are long...you will have to give maintenance during that time under section 24 HMA and  permanent alimony after divorce...she will surely  file domestic violence case on you or even 498 A if her lawyers suggest and putt false allegations...she is entitled to many reliefs under domestic violence act including right to reside in matrimonial home..

If you have recordings she must be having some as well...what if she has something which can put you in trouble...consider that angle as well ....

Best is  mutual consent divorce if that can be worked out...parting amicably is better than increasing bitterness by fighting in court for years..

hire a good lawyer...that's the lesson I have learnt as my case is running for years...





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x