LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayan   08 May 2017

Two trials/inquiries if the pleas are same except relief re

Two cases are filed by my wife both running in same family court, one is for divorce and another is for maintenance under Crpc 125. Pleadings are same in both except the relief sought. So everything is duplicating/replica of each other. Now both the proceedings came to cross-examination stage.

Now my query is, as the pleadings & everything except the relief is same in both the cases, Cross-examination in one case is enough or do we need to do/face twice?

If it is twice, then there is a high probability that during the second case/time, the cross-examinee that may be my wife or me may improvise our answers over and above the same during first case/time.

So Cross-examination is once only or twice i.e. once for each case?

I am posting my query in both under civil and family law, for inviting more discussions and responses from knowledgable members on this topic. So any irregularity may kindly be excused.

Learning

2 Replies

Srinivasan (IT)     08 May 2017

Hi,

I am also in the same page and I got advice from my advocate is that we need to cross twice because the reply will be different in both the case so that the respondant side argument will be strong due to the irrregularity answers of the petetioner wife.

Narayan   10 May 2017

Can I have some more inputs from members pelase.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register