LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mark (Executive)     08 December 2012

Trouble from inlaws and no support from police

On 28th Nov-12 evening, my in-laws arrived from pune at my home and abused my senior citizen father aged 76 years old and mother 66 years old in my absence. Further attempted to beat them and they gave threat to kill my senior citizen parents and me in coming days. Besides, they abused my sisters present and created a public mayhem around my house.

My sister called senior citizen helpline 103, but I am sorry to say no response was received from them. Finally, I had to call my zonal DCP and request for help. After a while, couple of constables from police station arrived at my home and surprisingly only First information report for non-cognizable offence under IPC 504, 506 was registered by police station. Infact we were given understanding cognizable and cognizable offences are same and just accept the report. Even though above said people were nearby and no serious attempts were made to call them into police station for investigation by duty officer.

Have escalated matter to Police commissioner but no response for last 10 days but their website promises response within 24 hours. my local police station doesnt even responded to my 8 day application inspite earlier complaint. Can you help how to make the police function here.

I'm looking for divorce here. No kids and wife is working.

Please help me with your suggestions please... 

Learning

4 Replies

have a heart foundation (member)     08 December 2012

Police Will Act ASAP.... if they dont, You can file an RTI with the Police and can ask what action has been initiated in your complain.

It is advisable to file the complaint signed by your parents and also metining that they are senior citizens. Your parents can also file a case against your those for tresspassing and criminal intimidation and ASK for RESTRAINT ORDER from court.

Incase if the NC Complain taken by police is not in detail make detail written submission to the Poilce mentioning the entire incident that has taken place along with a copy of NC. Ask them to initiate appropriate legal action. You may also take help of a criminal lawyer.

In case if you want a Divorce... you can file for same at Family Court and will have to prove the ground of Divorce. 

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     09 December 2012

mark, brother, 

cops hardly act in lieu of  M factor.

u can file cases on ur in-laws.

but then, remember - ur wife will file IPC 498a, 406, 323, 504, 506, 34 / DV / dowry cases .........

498a & 406 are cognizable & non bailable.

now to safeguard :

try to record (audio / video) the misdeeds of ur inlaws

u will also be helped by Eye-witnesses

kalyan (engineer)     09 December 2012

@ amit, many courts are issuing bails for 498a cases. even you can get anti bail. Judges knows very well that 498a is misused by educated wifes from city.

@ mark, Usually all these incidents will happen in matrimonial problems. if you think you are clean, stand firm. if you want to continue the relationship with your wife, ask your in laws and tell them to kneel down before your parents. your parents may forget the past bitter moment for the sake of their sons life. if you dont want to continue with your life, apply for divorce on cruelty grounds. Eventhough it takes time, you can prove yourself and could lead a respectful life in the society.

Mark (Executive)     09 December 2012

But Sir, we have C.r.P.C section 41 has been ammended through Code of criminal Procedure ammendment act 2008 and 2010.So, if they file 498A and DV they have to justify in court before arrest.

My wife currently is NOT staying with me but she is staying in my house owned by me at different place. Since my inlaws have threat to casue havoc again I'm staying with my parents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register