Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (Engineer)     02 January 2013

Transferring my share of housing property to my sister

Dear Sir,

My wife is expected to file Domestic violence case and all other matrimonial suite against me.

We have housing property in which I and my elder brother are co-owners.

I want to give away my share to my sister who is married for 16 years and lives in different city.

The partition of the property is not done. In stamps my and my brother's name is mentioned. So I assume that its 50% share for each of us.

Is my borthers concent and presence needed while tranferring housing property to my sister since my borther is a co-owner of the property.

Since I have blood relation with my sister what is best way to transfer the property to my sister with minimum stamp duty.

The options I could think of is:

Relinquishment Deed:

Can it be done? My sister is not the co-owner in housing property but in blood relation with me.

Gift Deed:

Can court revert the gift deed if done in timely manner.

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

zahur (Advocate)     02 January 2013

if that property is ancestral than you & your brother (Co-owner of property) can done Relinquishment Deed in favour of your sister,

LegalArrow ( Advocate Bangalore)     02 January 2013

since you are saying that no formal partition has been effected, please execute a regd. partition deed since al the 3 of your siblings are in consonance with each other. In the said parttion deed you can have a specific clause saying that the you have no interest in the schedule proeporties and all the rights, title and intrests accruing in your favour may be transferred to your sister. On the basis of the same  all  title documents  can be conferred on ur sisters name as per ypur wishes.

stamp duty on  agift deed is very nominal when the gift is between class I Heirs i.e. blood relation.

if the said alienation is after the filing of such alleged cases filed by your wife. she has a lien in respect of her maintenance from the said share of your joint family property.

i THINK.

Amit (Engineer)     03 January 2013

Dear Zahur Sir,

Thanks for kid reply.

Actually that property was bought by my father  directly in the names of my brother and me. Can we still do relinquish deed to transfer property to my sister's name who is married for last 16 years and living in a different city?

Regards

Amit (Engineer)     04 January 2013

Dear Legal Arrow Sir,

Thanks for your kind and detailed reply.

since you are saying that no formal partition has been effected, please execute a regd. partition deed since al the 3 of your siblings are in consonance with each other.

Sir, is the partition a madatory requirement before gifting the housing property share? My sister is not a co-owner in the housing property.  Can you please elaborate more about what advantage we will getting on executing partition deed over gift deed.

In the said parttion deed you can have a specific clause saying that the you have no interest in the schedule proeporties and all the rights, title and intrests accruing in your favour may be transferred to your sister. On the basis of the same  all  title documents  can be conferred on ur sisters name as per ypur wishes.

stamp duty on  agift deed is very nominal when the gift is between class I Heirs i.e. blood relation.

From where I can find the stamp duty in Uttar Pradesh for gifting house property to my real sister. Will partition deed be having some effect as gift deed. Also once gift deed is done in time before my wife cases, is there any possibility that court can still revert it?

if the said alienation is after the filing of such alleged cases filed by your wife. she has a lien in respect of her maintenance from the said share of your joint family property.

Sir, there is lot of confusion which date to be considered, there are following dates as below please tell which will be cosidered by court such after gifting that date gift deed can be challanged:

- her application filling date in CAW cell.

- FIR date

- case filiing date

- date on which notice is served to me or date when notice is received by me.

Actually there is a possibilty of agreement between my side and wife side. I want to save stamp duty in case the agreement is reached and hence want to hold the housing property till last moment.

Please suggest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register