Transfer policy in Bank

Transfer in banking sector depends on only mercy of management and union . no policy follow transfer on spouse ground. even banks not maintaining working spouse record. how can challenge this. any government policy regarding this.
Retired employee.

The transfer is not a right and depends on the convenience of the employer and his discretion.  However, there is a policy in Publis sector banks and download such O & M of DOPT wherein all central government departments were directed to maintain a list of all applications received on spouse grounds in a separate register in a received date wise priority and to effect transfers strictly on the basis of first come basis.  As you have got established unions, let them take action to bring pressures on management to maintain that register.  Anyone can challenge management through High court through writ mandamus and so far no court involved in transfers, as the right of management on transfers cannot be challenged as per the agreements in between employer and employee.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x