LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Transfer petition

Wife has filed Transfer petition at high Court to transfer case. I was not informed about the transfer petition. No letter was sent to me. Before giving judgement, court has asked to send speed post to me. which was sent by wife's advocate. I will be appearing at the High Court. can anyone guide me wth the process, format of application, etc. Also, i dont stay in the state where i have filed for divorce. wife wants to transfer case to a court near her house.i fear for my life there as i have received threats from goons and in laws. what should be my defence to stop the transfer? any judgements are there?please help

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     26 June 2013

Engage a good advocate. Give proper reasons as to why the matter should not be transferred. If you have received life threats then lead all the evidence you have in support of your contention.

(Guest)

Archana Madam, I dont have any evidence of threat. but threats are genuine. How can I prove them as it may sound like fake in absence of evidences?Also, please share a format and the process to give response in high court. lawyers are asking for lot of money for high court. i dont have. i will do it in person. please help. elders will give blessings to you. any judgement is there?

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 June 2013

Normally court transfers the petition, so contact your advocate and contest the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register