Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayashree joshi   03 October 2022

Transfer of shares and interest in the property after member

Our society transferred the 100 % share in the name of wife after the death of the member who was also nominee of the member. Widow (wife of deceased member ) duly nominated  her only son. The son died intestate. Now under provision of Section 10 of Hindu Succession Act 1956 ,it has been assumed 50 % share of deceased son and class I heirs of deceased son  mother (widow) ,wife,two daughters have made release deed favouring wife of deceased son i.e.daughter -in -law  of widow and now she has applied for 50 % share rights in property . Can society accept such claim. Please guide.


 3 Replies


yes. Society can accept it.  Befodre trransfering the shares please issue a local newspaper notie to seek objections from any interested parties.

dr vedula glpinath


Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 October 2022

Society membership and title of property are two different subjects, which are governed by different laws, please appreciate the fact.

The facts posted are vague and not very clear since it is qua succession rights of the intestate property left behind son or membership of society ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 October 2022

Yes, sciety memebership and title to property are two different things. So also, the facts posted are vague. Please post complete facts avoiding your subjective opinions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register