LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaidyanathan (retired psu employee)     01 February 2011

transfer of ownership of vehicle

A lady wanted to purchase a two wheeler for her husband for she is the earning member from contract work. But she got it on my name since being a government employee and the financier refused to grant her finance. Now she had paid all the installments and I advised her to get it transferred on her name the vehicle but turned a deaf ear. I therefore,  served her a notice as attached herewith, enclosed with the pre-signed sale letter and marked copy to local police and MVI. The Police returned the registered copy of the notice with "addressee refused" . I learnt that she continues to enable her husband to ply the vehicle without transferring the same as per their wish. It is noteworthy that her husband has no licence to drive and am afraid they too will not insure the vehicle too. In the given situation what is my action to be taken as per MV ACT? regards vaidya


 2 Replies

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     03 February 2011

dont worry sir, you go to file a complaint on the lady under theft.  The police will take action immieidiitely.  Then she will also come for transferring to her or her husband's name.

1 Like

vaidyanathan (retired psu employee)     03 February 2011

As already I sent her a registered letter highlighting the fact, and also enclosed the sale letter, (pl see attached in my previous contribution) I am not supposed to do despite beyond ethical reasoning. For, she paid the entire money, no doubt about it. My apprehension is over sec 6 of MV act in case she allows her husband to drive the vehicle since he does not have licence. regards vaidya

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register