Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maddy.Nilesh (Software Engineer)     16 September 2010

Training Bond

Hi,

I am working with leading IT organization. At the time of joining the organization asked me to sign the bond of 2 years and Rs. @ lakhs for the training they have provided. I have signed the bond as it was the recession time. Now I want to leave the organization and they are asking me to pay the bond amout (i.e. 2,00,000). I don't think that this is a legal as signing a bond is not legal. Please suggest.

- Nilesh

Learning

6 Replies

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     16 September 2010

When did you join? Can you specify the date? If it has already crossed two years it means the bond claim is void.

Suhas (HR EXECUTIVE)     16 September 2010

IF they have given training to you and if they have proof of the same then they can claim for money otherwise no liability from your side.

I have completed 1 year in the system. Also the bond is for the trainee and for the training. I got converted as permanent employee 7 months back. So is the bond void or not? Also the there was not enough training provided to claim 2 lakhs. They have never taken the sessions as such. They have just provided all the training material to study but I don't remember signing any document for confirmation.

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     16 September 2010

I believe one more year is still there in the bond to  be served then. 

My question is, Is the bond legal in Maharashtra? Please let me know.

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     17 September 2010

IMHO particular states don't seem to have any exemptions in this perspective. Let us wait to see if some legal expert from Maharastra comments on this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register