Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aman   13 October 2021

Traffic offences effect on government job

Sir few days earlier , I was caught by traffic police they fined me 500rs and instructed me to pay fine through internet when I paid the fine he gave me a compoundable slip and left my and this a criminal act 

Will it effect my document verification in any government job

Please reply ...I am very stressed

 13 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     13 October 2021

Being a petty issue it will have no affect on your career prospect.

Aman   13 October 2021

Thank u sir but will I have to mention this in any government application form ....???

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 October 2021

No,you need not to mention in govt job application.

Aman   13 October 2021

Thank u sir will this record be sent my police station or it would be finished in 6 months ......please sir tell me

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 October 2021

Traffic offenses are not criminal offenses against the body or property of any individual.

Aman   13 October 2021

Thanks sir but if you could tell me for how much time this records are kept , for whole life or any specific time period 

That would be great

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 October 2021

Maintainance of records is not certain after digitalization, but those records are not entered into regular crime records as Traffic offenses belong to a separate dept,  not related to law and order, and the references are meant to law and order police stations only.

Aman   13 October 2021

Thank u very much sir , one last question 

What is the time period till which we can reach to court for quashiing of case when I have already  given the compounded fee to traffic police

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 October 2021

Contact a local advocate for clearing all your doubts and following it up on a worthless exercise.

Aman   14 October 2021

No sir actually I was just willing to know . Thanks for all the information...sir last doubt please 

Is spot fine after giving compoundable slip and fine by court of law is same 

There is a section have you ever fined by court of law ?

What should I write as I was made pay spot fine and let me go ???

Sir please 

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     14 October 2021

@ Aman,

You have adequately been obliged and advised by experts, even then you are having so many doubts, therefore, it is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer.

Close this thread.

Aman   14 October 2021

Sorry sir, this is my last doubt please please help me 

Is fined by court of law and

Onspot fine by traffic police same ??

Or court of law is different than fine collected onspot 

Please sir reply  and elaborate one last time 

A humble request

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 October 2021

These offenses are petty in nature. In your case you were caught while violating a rule where the prescribed fine was Rs.500/- and immediately they have pointed out the violation and recovered the amount, gave you a receipt specifically stating violation.

For recovery of that Rs.500/ if Traffic Police wanted to go to court, they have to register a case, file such charge sheet before a competent court, summon you and commence proceedings to hear arguments of both sides and then sentence you or impose fine of Rs.500/-.  All these processes and manhours spent by the Police or Court including wastage of manhours cost Rs.10,000/ to Govt.  If one wanted to approach to the court, there is no way the accused can establish that there is no violation, and the costs must be recovered from the accused. 

You are fortunate as you were caught, fined, and recovered.   In other cities, based on CCTV footage, fines imposed are sent through an electronic summons to the owner of that vehicle and data remains permanent in the system and the vehicle will be confiscated, if challans are pending.  In this case, every activity is electronic, and the date, time of the violation, vehicle no are readily available, and a data sheet with such vehicle make, a number are registered in that vehicle Registration number.

Under RTI Act, every citizen is entitled to any information through authentic record for a fee of Rs.10/- and designated Public Information officers are bound to provide such information as solicited by citizen.  You can get all those copies of rules from Traffic Police under RTI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query