LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravikiran   15 March 2017

To include my daughter name in my property

Hello Sir/Madam,

                I am from Karimnagar, We have a three floor(G+2) building in Karimnagar, Telangana. This building has registered with three families, in the name of my 1st Brother-in-law& his wife and sons (33%), 2nd Brother-in-law& his wife and sons  (33%) and 3rd Family (my husband, me & our son 33%).

              Problem is My husband and my son both were died, my son was died at his young age itself unmarried and I have one daughter also. Before my husband dying, he made a will dead that all his properties must be moved to our daughter & myself equally.

                Now, I am also willing to share the 33% with my daughter. Now, I would like to include my daughter name in this building. So what is the procedure we need to follow, please explain us.  

We have tax statements upto date clear till date, and both the death certificates, legal heir certificate and will dead of my husband.




 9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 March 2017

It is believed that you are Hindu.


1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 March 2017

ClassI Legal heir of deceased Hindu male are: Mother (if alive), Wife, Sons, daughters………… and they shall share the estate equally.

(If mother has predeceased son then the property of husband shall devolve upon rest of ClassI legal heirs).

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 March 2017

Likewise share of son (deceased Hindu male unmarried and having NO child) shall devolve wholly upon sole surviving ClassI legal heir: You. It is simple matter of inheritance.

The share/property that devolves by inheritance is of nature ‘Self Acquired’.

The owner can dispose his/her self acquired property in his/her life time in anyone’s favor by a valid/registered deed. Thus you can also dispose it by say: Gift/WILL.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 March 2017

You may approach the authority under whose jurisdiction property falls e.g; MC and obtain forms/procedure for such casesi.e; testate succession having a legally valid will.

The authority may ask to submit certified copy of the valid WILL, death certificate of testator

(Your husband), legal heir certificate (ClassI), death certificate of deceased legal heirs if any, NOC by survivinglegal hiers,ID proof’s etc and may ask to release newspaper advt………..

Post which the authority may transfer ownership to beneficiaries as in valid WILL.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 March 2017

The forms/procedure may also be available on website of the authority.

If the WILL is contested then it may land up in probate court of pecuniary jurisdiction.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 March 2017

Otherwise it is mandatory to probate the WILL for property disposed by WILL,  at your location.

ravikiran   15 March 2017

Yes sir. We are Hindu.

ravikiran   15 March 2017

yes, Hindu

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 March 2017

I have already replied.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query